Squad Update

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Shinzu, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Shinzu

Shinzu Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sacred Emperor Sirius
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Now that I've gotten my hands on a couple new units, I was wondering if my below team could be updated? Specifically I was hoping to find a place for Azurai and Galtier (assuming either can bring significant improvements to my setup). I've also got a couple gems saved up and was wondering if rolling for White Wulf Faelan would be worth it? I've been hearing mixed reviews about her and don't think she brings much to the table that I don't already have... But figured it would be worth asking anyway. The below team is just a general one I use for all content. Haven't had any trouble in arena yet (Supreme rank) and I'm not too far into raiding yet. Still, I'm open to critique.

Current squad:

:light: Sacred Emperor Sirius [Lead]
    :fire: Fabled Emperor Kulyuk
    :water: Absolute Zero Vern
    :thunder: Lightning Menace Silas
    :light: Glorius Hero Krantz

Other Noteworthy Units:
    :fire: Indomitable Flare Griff
    :fire: Undying Flame Avant
    :fire: Doombringer Azurai

:earth: Heavenly Spiral Hisui

:thunder: Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    :thunder: Prism Lightning Reud
    :thunder: Tartarus Sacrifice Radia
    :thunder: Double Voltage Julius
    :thunder: Storm Champion Mikael

:light: Brave Emperor Garrel
    :light: Merciful Beacon Charla

:dark: Ruinous Despoiler Galtier

2. AbsentNight

AbsentNight Demon

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ._.
    Level:
    I would try going with Azurai lead, Hisui, Vern, Sirius, Galtier if you want to use them both on your team.

Faelan definitely won't be too useful for you since you already have her most significant buffs covered.

3. Femto

Femto Eurynomos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite/Regil/Avant and kira (fh only)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    OPTC JAP
    Leader: Azurai
    Subs: Krantz, Galtier, Vern (sp spark/bb), Kulyuk (sp bb when attacked and HoT)

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Two comments.

First, if you use Azurai and Galtier together, it implies they're providing your basic stat buffs and also your def boost relative to atk. This does mean casting Galtier's BB on occasion and not just spamming SBB. Azurai alone can technically rotate between BB and SBB to cover def stack, but Azurai has fairly expensive BB costs so...yeah. The alternative, though, is to STILL bring along a third unit for def boost relative to other stat, probably Hisui or Kulyuk as @AbsentNight and @Femto suggested - because Hisui and Kulyuk do their def stack on SBB, making it more autobattle friendly.

Second, I disagree that Faelan's mostly covered by your existing units. She does one thing that you flat out do not have from Omnis, though you have one 7* who does it, and that's status ailment inflict. However...Ailments are a binary thing, either they're largely unnecessary, or you absolutely need them vs. specific bosses, and if you don't have ailments you're fucked. With all that said, you can bring a friend to handle the ailment role. Faelan requires a sphere (e.g. Vorpal Chainblades) or elgif to function optimally in ailment inflict role in any case, unless they've patched what appears to be a design mistake with her SBB.

I'm not sure I'd recommend pulling for her, mind you? But you don't have an Omni status ailment unit. Just...saying.

5. ooblah

ooblah Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Galtier, Fina, Ark
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    CS:GO
    ...but the art...

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    There is no waifu, there is stats.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no art, there is datamine.
    There is no RNG, there is harmony...

Can't give advice on cute factor. Can only speak of build mechanics. If style were all that mattered, I'd be running my mono horse build.

(Galtier: "I'm on a horse.")