Summoner Battle Round 002

Discussion in 'Summoner Mode' started by Exarion, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Exarion

Exarion Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    I often change
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Urban Rivals, Eredan ITCG, Brave Exvius
    After 10 tries without any success, I decided to come here to ask some help or advices.
    I use this squad (Water element lvl 60 and Light element lvl 57) :
    Summoner avatar (Water, Brave Spear vl 40, Automated Warrior)
    Soleil 6* (Beiorg's Armor + Growth Device)
    Astall 6* (Beiorg's Armor + Impiety Orb)
    Elimo OE (Phantom Gizmo + Blessed Charm)
    Averus 6* (Dreadnought Shell Aleph + Courage Aegis)
    Summoner friend (Water, Bow lvl 40, Automated Warrior)

Even if Elimo OE has innate 2-turns mitigation, it's very difficult to fill her BB gauge even with strong spheres for this and in the phase 3 she's just totally useless because of the very strong BB gauge debuff that leaves her useless during 3-4 turns (excepted in using a Fujin). Little question : I use Blessed Charm (+60% BB gauge fill rate) and Astall (around 30%). They stack or not? I though Blessed Charm and/or Astall's SBB would compensate the strong BB gauge debuff in phase 3 but in practice it's absolutely not the case... Why?
    Globally, Astall's BB gauge fill rate buff seems useless even for the others units in the squad. On the paper, he looks very interesting but in practice it's not the case... Grahdens is immune to EWD? My damage are not improved at all with the Light element (I tried Pamela instead and no difference).

The best I can do is around 30% in phase 3. What is the most difficult is the attack Apocalypse that doesn't follow the "every 5 turns" pattern in phase 3. Because of this and because of the annoying BB gauge fill rate debuff, I lose each time because I can't heal and mitigate the damage every turn.

If someone has an advice for me, it would be nice. Maybe I do something wrong or my units/spheres are not optimized.
    Thank you.

2. Ninetale3

Ninetale3 Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Fei and Fang
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I am not gonna sugar coat it. Omni mitigators, let alone any omni for that matter, aren't that useful in this mode still as you mentioned the problems to begin with. The ares effects would stack, however, the buff is multiplicative rather than additive after the initial ares down penalty for omni units. So even with all that bonus from ares. (assuming if there isn't a hard cap, don't know if there is one for ares buff.) It wouldn't come close to being enough to keep the mitigation upkeep consistent.

So I would look into a different cleanser/healer over elimo. As mentioned Omni units are still inconsistent at best. Hell, A 7* cleanser would be better and I know light isn't lacking in that front for lower grade cleansers.

Unit's I would recommend to switch to would be:

Rigness, He is a reliable water cleanser even if he doesn't provide much outside of burst heal and damage depending on BB or SBB.

Layla, While she only has cleanse on BB and no status negation. (Not sure how much it plays a factor for status in this one.) Layla has access to her own Atk and Def down procs on SBB and has gives REC to ATK conversions. She also has on hit BB gauge gain so this would allow soliel some breathing room on his Bursts. Beiorg would be needed on her if grahdens is involved since she is light.

Krantz, Has cleanse and mitigation in one, Freeing up Averus slot for some more gauge management or dps boosting units. Don't evolve him past 6* though. If he is 7* than it might take too much to get mitigation steady.

Those are the ones I know off the top of my head for light and water that don't particularly clash with others. I don't know round 2 at all so I can't give much other information than this.

I guess as a foot not, try to find more sources for gauge management. It's a decent amount but it could be better. Maybe find a gun friend so you could rotate astall for a fill over time or spark boost BB gauge type thing in your comp.

Footnotes of what I suggest:

-Replace elimo with a different cleanser
    -Sphere Averus as your mitigator since it would be easier to upkeep mitigation with her.
    -find some more methods to fill gauges such as fill over time or gauge boost on spark.

3. Exarion

Exarion Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    I often change
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Did you try the round 002?
    The Bow weapon is highly recommended because we must inflict Sickness to Grahdens in phase 2. I didn't evolve my Bow weapon. The only evolved weapons I have are Brave Spear and Dark Blossom (both lvl 40). I use Brave Spear because of the little burst heal and HoT.
    I tried inflicting Sickness with Averus and using a Crystal Staff weapon friend but in 3 tries I never was able to inflict Sickness to Grahdens :( So I stopped.
    I don't have Rigness, Layla and Krantz. But I can replace Averus by Tesla. She's a mitigator and a "little" healer while Averus only mitigates in my squad (status ailments are useless in phase 3 since Grahdens is immune).

I don't understand because a lot of people used 1 or more OE units in their squad without any problem. I don't know how they do. Each time my Elimo is hit, her BB gauge empties even with Blessed Charm. I know this sphere works because I tested it in the Training Room. What I don't understand is why it doesn't work in this Trial...

What is too difficult is that in Phase 3 Apocalypse doesn't follow the "every 5 turns" pattern. Even with mitigation, Apocalypse + 2 others AoE attacks is too much, my units die... The best way is to mitigate + guard. But for this we must know when Apocalypse will be used. And when it's random... it's hard...

4. Henshen

Henshen Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (forever changing; Henshen/Rain/Shion)
    Level:
    500+ (SM:250+)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Summoner Mode
    Going to require giving it a whirl then, as Grahdens is far more complex than the "tank'n'spank" that is round 001.

-Bow is a popular choice due to countering bb drain and the fact you need to inflict sick/weak on him in order to bypass his guaranteed squad wipe in phase 2 at 50% hp.

-Omni Elimo, believe it or not, was a common sight in various squads simply due to the fact she added 2 turn mitigation to power through the Ares down debuff in phase 3. (though was usually ran alongside a secondary mitigator for obvious reasons)

5. Ninetale3

Ninetale3 Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Fei and Fang
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I did try it, though I have a bit of an Item deficit so I need to do that later today cause I can't get far in it myself.

I guess I gave some bad advice then. Sorry about that. I guess I kinda just went auto-pilot for a response given other hard fights prior.

6. Exarion

Exarion Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    I often change
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I finally cleared this Trial.
    In Phase 3, Elimo OE is useless during 4 turns after the BB gauge debuff. So I decided to use 2 others mitigators to compensate. One is not enough. Because of this, I lost a healer in my squad (Soleil) so I hadn't another choice but to use a Crystal Staff friend to heal my squad (burst heal + HoT) because I don't have a good unit for this. And consequently I had to rely on the BB of Averus to inflict Sickness to Grahdens instead of using a Star Bow. It took me 5 tries to apply Sickness (200 energy lost :().
    But after that, it was ok. Before, I was not able to mitigate the damage each turn and to heal each turn. Now, with 3 mitigators and a strong HoT (from Crystal Staff), I can and the battle is far easier. I don't know why I didn't have the idea to use 3 mitigators before... :confused:
    Twice Apocalypse was used outside of the "5 turns" pattern and left my units dead or very close to death (turns 48 and 62) :mad: Hopefully, Grahdens didn't use too much AoE attacks after his Apocalypses, else it's very difficult to survive. Almost each turn in phase 3 after 50% HP I guarded 2 or 3 units because I was afraid of a non-standard Apocalypse. And this technique saved me. Because even with mitigation + DEF buffs, Apocalypse + 2 others AoE attacks, it can be fatal. Maybe using spheres such as Beiorg's Armor can help but in my case I stopped using them to use instead spheres that help to fill the BB gauges.
    With a better Crystal Staff (at least lvl 35 with "30% chance to heal when hit"), surely it would be far easier. The better Crystal Staff I have on my friends list is lvl 30 so without this buff.

When I see some comments (sometimes with a screenshot) on Reddit or elsewhere about the squads used to clear this battle, I don't understand at all how they did it...
    A friend of mine used Allanon 7*. His BB with instant BB fill, BB when hit, HP boost and elemental mitigation is very nice. I never thought about him. Now that it won't cost anymore 50 energy, I will try with different squads.

My squad :
    Summoner avatar (water, Dark Blossom lvl 31, Automated Warrior)
    Pamela 6* : Lexida + Schism Orb
    Laberd 6* : Virtuous Cape + Growth Device
    Averus 6* : Dreadnought Shell Aleph + Courage Aegis
    Elimo OE : Phantom Gizmo + Health Codex
    Summoner friend (earth, Crystal Staff lv 30, Automated Warrior)

PS : I posted in a previous post that my Dark Blossom was at lvl 40, it's not Dark Blossom but Great War Axe :)

Globally, a horrible Trial only based on luck for me to inflict Sickness with Averus and to survive the non-standard Apocalypses. Each turn I guarded 2 or 3 units, that's why it took me 73 turns...

photo-4.PNG