Team Advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaptainKuro, Feb 11, 2018.

1. CaptainKuro

CaptainKuro Novice

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lambent Flicker Cleria
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    upload_2018-2-10_21-44-41.png
    Should I add another powerful unit like Cleria or find another weaker unit?

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    So, really, first of all... at level 23 or thereabouts, squad build isn't going to matter too much. Your chief priority is to get your account level high enough so you can actually have the squad points to slot decent units. Your aim should be to hit Level 185+ ASAP.

Now, before then, the question then becomes... how much do you care about wasting resources? If you want maximum long-term efficiency, then you'd heavily prioritise units that can eventually evolve into max Omni Evolution. Of the units here, Cleria and Eze go to Omni... twins Il & Mina and earth Miku do not.

Put it this way, think of max evo as 8*... Il & Mina, Miku, both max out at 6*. Two full evos short of the cap.

In this sense, essentially any investment, any levels, any frogs, anything at all... in Miku, Ilm & Mina, is wasted in the long term - the most you'd use 'em for is things like the FG which specifically demands lower evo units, or for starting out in Summoner Mode.

However depending on available units, you may need to balance cost with filling your team slots. If you can get, say, Cleria in squad, then Eze, and have other low-cost low-evo units that still, like Eze, eventually go to Omni... then that's the way to go. If not? Then fine, try to fill all squad spots anyway.

Most players would probably argue you should, at low level, try to fill squad spaces rather than leaving them empty. Even if it means slotting trash units you'll eventually outgrow. It's probably fine to use most of your cost on one or two powerful units, and have one...maybe two...spaces empty, but if you have most of your squad slots empty then... fights are probably gonna take a long time.

In the longer run, when you have the squad cost budget to think about proper squad building... then, well, you need to think about proper squad building. Without any info on other long-term viable units you have, we cannot really comment. I mean, far as this post goes, you've only shown us two units - Eze and Cleria.

So all I can say is your eventual longer-term squad will have healing and basic damage buffs, ailment cleanse, some BB gauge fill. Which, y'know, isn't bad, but there's a bunch of other stuff you'd eventually want, like 50% dmg reduction/mitigation buff (the tank role for this game). At this point, basically think of it as you having heals and some damage, but fuck all for tankiness and survival.

If you own a mitigator, that's what you'd need to prioritise alongside Cleria.

3. CaptainKuro

CaptainKuro Novice

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lambent Flicker Cleria
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    upload_2018-2-17_16-20-57.png
    I got a bunch of mecha god's and i got a 6 star mifune now, I just need 2 mil karma for the 2 omni evolutions

: Advice?