Team Update

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Shinzu, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Shinzu

Shinzu Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sacred Emperor Sirius
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    :light: Sacred Emperor Sirius [Lead]
    :water: Neptunian Tridon
    :light: Virtuous Champion Krantz
    :fire: Ardent Dawn Avant
    :thunder: Fulgur Halycon Eze

I recently splashed out on the latest summon thingy and ended up with what I think are a couple new useful units. Out of curiosity, do you guys think they have a place on my offense-focused team above? At the moment, the above team is just being used for standard quests and arena.

The new units I picked up are:

:fire: Mythic Kulyuk
    :water: Blue Purity Vern (I hear she's really good but I'm not sure how she fits into my team)
    :earth: Beryl Edge Quaid
    :earth: Regal Sword Dolk
    :earth: Emerald Pike Drevas
    :thunder: Yellow Dragon Belzeft (He seems quite situational to me, so I guess not a good fit?)
    :thunder: Cobalt Thunder Reud
    :thunder: Thunder Punisher Silas
    :thunder: Chevalier Mikael (I hear he's quite a strong defensive unit... So a possible replacement for Tridon?)

I also have the resources (and cost) needed to get/use both Avant and Krantz in their omni evolutions. The only reason I haven't yet is in case any of my new units I just mentioned make them redundant. So yeah. What do you guys think? Is there any room for improvement in my team or should I just omni evolve Krant and Avant and keep it how it is? Like I mentioned before, I'm just aiming for a highly offense focused team for quests and arena. In case it is relevant, this thread will show the rest of my units. Thanks!

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Regular content and arena/colosseum have very different requirements, FYI, so ideally in the long run you want something different for an arena/colo build.

Tridon should ideally not be used in a squad if you have barrier available, and Kulyuk casts barrier. The barrier buff is vastly superior to shield, and the two effects do not play well together (they technically stack, but the shield fucks up the barrier's def). Tridon does still have a good defensive lead skill, though.

Avant's primary value is in his lead skill (and UBB). If Avant is not squad lead, his value drops sharply. The problem is that Avant's lead skill, while good, is also not precisely universal - crit lead will cause you some difficulty in higher end raid farming with regards to getting drops. Even if using Avant lead you usually pair this with a second unit for crit buffs on SBB, since Avant needs a BB cast to do crit rate (his SBB has no crit rate).

QUEST/RAID/GENERAL PURPOSE (main squad)
    :light:Sirius, :thunder:Eze (or Vern) (Choose Sirius/Eze/Vern as Lead) + :light:Krantz, :fire:Kulyuk (alt lead), :thunder:Silas

- consider swapping to Kulyuk lead for trial/GGC and harder bosses, but normally you will stick with Sirius/Eze/Vern lead.
    - if need single target damage (Oguro), status inflict (Drevas) or other speciality stuff for certain bosses, swap Silas for whatever replacement you need.
    - SP Kulyuk for BC fill when squad is hit.

FRONTIER HUNTER/CRIT (all offense, no mitigator)
    :fire:Avant (Lead) + :thunder:Silas, :thunder:Eze, :light:Sirius, :water:Vern + FRIEND: :thunder:Eze

- variant for FH. Elements from Silas/Sirius/Vern, this is slightly inefficient slotwise but you lack a four-element or six-element adder.

ARENA/COLO
    -
    you don't really have premium arena meta units, so best option is actually using :dark:Mifune from level up campaign rewards and farm another 3-4 Mifunes.

Shinzu likes this.
  3. Shinzu

Shinzu Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sacred Emperor Sirius
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Noted. I also forgot to mention that I summoned a :dark:Feeva. Does she manage to slot into my team? I hear she's super good and that passive seems useful for the heals.

4. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Nope. Krantz takes care of BC/HC buffs, which is all Feeva offers. Well, she does have an atk buff but it's pitifully weak and covered by Sirius. Whatever you read that said she's super good is likely extremely outdated. Feeva has been hit hard by powercreep and is hardly ever used anymore.

Always check the date when you look up guides on a unit's place in the meta. Anything that's more than several months old should be disregarded. Anything a few months old still has some truth in it but should be taken with a grain of salt (a lot can change in 3 months, especially at the advent of the OE era). Anything that's a month or two old is generally accurate.

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    The BC/HC drop mechanic itself has also been pretty badly hit in newer content. When Feeva was released, BC/HC drop rate buff was still considered a strong mechanic by itself. You have to look at it in context - Feeva was a first-wave 7*, so there was super hype for her entire batch. But it isn't just the unit herself who's suffered from powercreep relative to new releases, the very basis of her kit has been rendered sort of moot.

Newer bosses tend to be highly drop resistant, necessitating the use of a wider range of BB gauge filling and healing mechanics.

This was probably an intentional shift in the meta promoted by developers - at one point, many other BB gauge gen and healing effects were ignored, and people built squads solely around BC/HC drop. However they've probably gone too far; these days it's rare that someone will specifically include BC/HC drop buffs in a setup, it tends to be there only by accident.