The Otaku Thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Iskander, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Brimstone Emperor

Brimstone Emperor Virtuoso

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PMs pls
    Leader:
    Stuff (last I checked)
    Level:
    Halfway there(o-oh livin on a prayer)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    ME: SoM, Adulting
    WIXOSS s1 was pretty good IMO. I liked the twist towards the end about the true nature of the wishes and the cards

2. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    I've been into Flip Flappers, Keijo!!!!!!!!, Yuri!!! on Ice, Bungou Stray Dogs season 2 and 3gatsu no Lion.

3. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Leader janai, Katsura da!
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, Overwatch(PS4), FFXV(PS4)
    3-Gatus no Lion is pretty good. A little slow but hoping it'll pick up later.

Sup? Fancy seeing you back

4. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Don't think 3gatsu is the type of show to pick up later.

And not much. It's nice to be back though.

5. Humen200

Humen200 Commander

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Diva hatsune miku
    Level:
    Btw, anyone here read the manga Last Game? Srsly loved that manga, anyone know any other similar to it? I've heard special A is good, also tried masamune kun no revenge and while i kinda like it, i feel like theres something about it thats a bit.. dunno off i guess?dont hv the same feeling as with last game

6. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I meant like in terms of story progression I'm hoping that it'll pick up because right now
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

You quit right? You gonna be picking back up?

7. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Ah, I understand what you mean.
    The show seems to be setting up it's setting and the other characters while also showing pieces of the main characters trauma. Don't know how they'll reveal it but eh.

Yeah, I did quit but I've picked it back up.

8. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    You gonna be alright? What with all the overwhelming content that made even other returnee's quit again lol.

9. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    I'll be fine, if I could figure out what the fuck was a Tridon and a Ultor when I came back and suddenly they existed, I think I'll be able to figure out what the fuck is a Sakura Miku.

10. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Ah, Pinku as well call her. An LE I still regret not pulling for.

11. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Welp, now I've finished JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders. Man, that anime really doesn't shy away killing main/side characters or inflicting brutalities on innocent civilians.:eek: Unlike the prequel for this, this one had a lot more comedy bits mixed in tho and was all in all an enjoyable ride. So far I'm glad I decided to pick it up finally. Now I've only got Diamond is Unbreakable left.

I shoudl probs download the episodes and start watching it next week while I leave my PC to macro SK in the background.:D

12. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    I liked Stardust Crusaders but it wasn't as good as Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency imo.
    Jotaro and Polnareff got way more episodes then Kakyoin/Iggy/Avdol/Joseph, so when they get vanilla ice'd and blasted out of za warudo, it didn't leave that much of an impact on me. Avdol never even got a stand-fight to himself. I can accept Jotaro getting to do more cool shit because he is the main Jojo, but Polnareff should have equalish screentime compared to the other Crusaders. And the last episode kind of sucked.

I am enjoying Diamond is Unbreakable a lot though.

13. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Yeah, I noticed how Polnareff got a lot of attention. Ironically he was one of the ones who survived as well. And yeah, as badass as it was the final episode was kinda disappointing simply because of..."random not explained powerup to defeat boss" thing that happens ever so often in animes. But most of this anime's battles so far have been somewhat strategic and I liked that. Kinda reminded me about HxH. Tho not gonna lie, it had its weird/pure luck ones as well, like the whole Boingo brothers thing.

And another plus this anime gets from me, is that the soundtrack is awsum imo.

14. Nightvayne283

Nightvayne283 Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark, Rain, and XP Zelnite
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I started up Re:Zero recently... and am definitely loving it. I didn't expect it to be this brutal and amazing at all.

I've been watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable, Drifters, and Keijo as they've been airing and enjoying them a lot, also. Diamond is Unbreakable is amazing so far, and I'm glad no arcs have been adapted badly. Drifters is good, and I absolutely love the opening for it. Keijo is probably one of my favorite anime that I've seen recently and may be AOTY for me (could be because I'm slightly biased in favor of it, though).

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

DeltaHorizon020 likes this.
  15. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Keijo definitely AOTY
    [​IMG]

16. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Yeah, I watched JoJo's from the beginning till I caught up to the latest episode of Diamond is Unbreakable now. It sux that now I have to wait for diamond episodes on a weekly basis.:(
    Definitely enjoyed it tho. If I have to compare, I think JoJo's reminds me most of Hunter X Hunter, the stands remind me of nen abilities where each individual has unique powers and battles are fought by utilizing one's own unique powers instead of just powering through everything like mos other anime.
    Its also nice to see a story go on for generations through descendants. Altho I kinda feel like Joseph was nerfed for Stardust Crusaders and Jotaro for Diamond is Unbreakable. But I guess that is because the focus should fall on a "new" main character. But really, in diamond, Jotaro uses his op hax time stop only to escape attacks, when he could use it on multiple occasions to prevent the enemies from escaping or just attacking enemy stand users outright.:confused: Nevertheless, I guess its to keep fights interesting.:p

17. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Jotaro didn't really get that much weaker from Stardust to Diamond is Unbreakable. He just wasn't around in situations where Star Platinum could just ORAORAORAed the opponent. To allow other characters to shine.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

18. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Eh still, in the situations he was present. Time stop is really hax, be it a few sec or not. He could have easily prevented Chilly Pepper from escaping with the motorcycle because he was just a few feet away. And he could have easily Ora-Ora-Ora the murderer in the shop when he was grabbing for his coat also a few feet away. Since time is stopped, don't really have to watch out for counter attacks that much.
    And another thing, Joseph is there, and isn't the whole point of his Hermit Purple to get tips or hints about peoples locations or appearance? Why isn't he using that to find the murderer or other stand users.:confused: I mean he was brought to the city to find out who the owner of Chilly Pepper was, but after it got resolved via other means, he hasn't used his spirit photos at all.

Then again, I really shouldn't nitpick about this stuff in animes, because lets be honest, bad guys make silly decisions all the time as well.:rofl: Truth be told, I really enjoy this anime, would recommend to others, and am thinking of waiting till the last 8 episodes are out and watch them in a batch, because waiting for weekly episodes with cliffhanger endings (as things usually get near the end) would be really unbearable.:D

19. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Jotaro can't just spam time stop though, it strains his heart and his body. Dio could cause vampires don't care about that shit.

Time stopping to run in front Red Hot Chilly Pepper only gives him a second to move; not enough time to get there and destroy the motorcycle.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Nightvayne283 likes this.
  20. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Kanon and Zelnite (Upcoming in Future)
    Level:
    370 and slightly Increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Word Cookies :3
    I found this beautiful song on Youtube, In USA it couldn't be played but allwell. It's from an Obscure Anime called Records of Lodoss War or something like that:

: anime