The Otaku Thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Iskander, Jun 15, 2014.

1. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Kanon and Zelnite (Upcoming in Future)
    Level:
    370 and slightly Increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Word Cookies :3
    What are your thoughts on this character if you know him :p
    [​IMG]

2. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    For those interested in Akame ga Kill! manga, the manga's final chapter has been scanlated. Since I was reading this manga anyway, I didnt pick up the anime, so dunno how the endings differ, but felt like the manga tried its best to aim for a "happy" ending, which kinda felt a lil weird considering how brutal the manga has been to main characters during the story.:confused: All in all, a good manga and another thing off my "reading" list.(y)

That weird guy from Medaka Box who always "loses"? Truth be told the whole damn manga got so weird and confusing with its abilities later on that I had a hard time understanding and can barely remember any of it.:confused: It has what I call the "Air Gear" progression: things start of simple-ish enough, abilities&tricks are somewhat understandable and goes further and further into WTF-land as the story progresses.

3. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Leader janai, Katsura da!
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, Overwatch(PS4), FFXV(PS4)
    Lemme guess, for Akame we'll have more hero/heroine deaths and when they release another season the build up will be so bad you can see it coming from miles away.
    But would watch it none the less.

4. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    The ending to the anime was supposedly anime-original but it ended up having a lot of similarities to the manga. Some things I think the anime did better, some I think the manga did better, and some things were cut out, but overall they ended up following the same path. Just read the last manga chapter myself and I'm pretty sure the mangaka helped them out because... there's just a lot of parallels.

5. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Welp, I watched the first ep of Konosuba S2. I think maybe the animation quality has been downgraded a lil, but the basis of the comedy is still the same so its all good.
    I'm probs too impatient to wait for the whole season to finish and then to marathon it, so will watch this on a weekly basis.

Also, I watched Uchuu Patrol Luluco a few days ago, was somewhat entertaining as well. It also recommended me to watch Little Witch Academia. Even had a baton pass at the final episode. So I picked up the first Ova, 20 min 2013. Felt a nice carefree entertainment as well, so I might be picking up the TV series for it this season as well.

6. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Anime is pretty much like TV to me, I put myself through that torture of waiting week after week for releases.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

7. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    But why torture yourself?
    Maybe its cause I'm not the anime watcher I once was, but I don't pick up many animes on a new seasons. But this means that later on, I can check some reviews and opinions on some anime, I've skipped, find something I'd be interested in and can marathon watch it through the power of the internet!:p

Konosuba this season is an exception, cause going by the first season, I doesn't have a big plot or arc atm, but just lil gag stories, weekly watching aint so bad with such animes.:D But damn I regret watching durarara on a weekly basis last year, waiting a week every time just to get another piece of the story puzze was torture indeed.:(

8. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I'm just used to it is all. I still have that sense of excitement of waiting for an episode a week. It's like with drinking, do it in moderation.....*cough* Deb..... *cough*

Beyond Z likes this.
  9. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Kanon and Zelnite (Upcoming in Future)
    Level:
    370 and slightly Increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Word Cookies :3
    Sorry for the late reply but yes, That is the guy from Medaka Box. It's fine if you don't like him but I kind of invested with his character just like Saitama or Guts :p

10. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Ok, yeah, I'm definitely gonna watch Konosuba and Little Witch Academia on a weekly basis this season. For the others, just the usual of researching after completed season if there are any gems I should add to my "to watch" list. Atm Gundam Orphans S2 is on that list, because no matter how it turns out, as a fan of S1, I wanna see it to the end and I wanna be able to marathon S2.

Speaking of Giant mechs: Any FMP fans?
    [​IMG]

Altho Fummofu is my favourite from FMP series.:D

11. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    It's been a long ass while since I've seen FMP. Definitely need to rewatch

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

12. Nightvayne283

Nightvayne283 Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark, Rain, and XP Zelnite
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I decided to watch Mars of Destruction... and that was possibly the worst thing I've ever seen. I started up Hunter x Hunter and Little Witch Acadamia, also. I'm absolutely loving both so far... and really dreading the fact that I'll eventually have to experience Hunter's x Hunter's hiatus. I do have around 100 episodes left until I get to that point, though, so at least it'll be a while until then.

Sent from a beautiful Duwang.

13. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    So, we're about 3 - 4 episodes in to the new season of anime. Aside from Gintama, my favorite for this season is Youjo Senki aka Saga of Tanya The Evil.

14. Nightvayne283

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I finished Kaiba. I enjoyed it a lot, particularly the music and setting.

15. HolyThunderOfAtharva

HolyThunderOfAtharva Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Dynasty Warriors 8, BF Global, FFRK, DW GUNDAM 3
    been a long time since I said anything in this thread.

Well call me a kid, but I'm just waiting to see how Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V ends whilst waiting for the beginning of the universal survival arc (Goku you dumbass why can't you just live your life in peace instead being a battle hardened jock. Even Vegeta's become a better person than you at this point (until the english dub says otherwise))

16. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Funny you should mention yu gi oh, cause just a few months ago I went on a nostalgia trip and got Legacy of the Duelist for my PC and played through all single player battles (dont have time for online meta...plus single player does not have any card limitations:D). And because of this I also skimmed through some of the anime episodes of the newer seasons to see what its up to. Watching the anime and playing the game, I could definitely see how the game got way more fast paced and you can flood your field with meta units with just a few card usages. Anyway, done with the game for now but might continue checking out the anime every now and then.

And yeah, I think DB Super really ruined Goku, he's selfish, a bad/neglecting father, puts the universe at risk simply because he wants to fight.:confused: And they made Vegeta a total gag character, destined to lose just to let Goku take over every single time.:confused:

17. Nightvayne283

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I think I've learned why Hand Shakers is so 'loved' after starting it and catching up with it. I literally had motion sickness during one episode and everything is just going south.

Started up Youjo Senki, which was a real surprise. I didn't expect it to be so good, but so far it's amazing.

18. HolyThunderOfAtharva

HolyThunderOfAtharva Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Dynasty Warriors 8, BF Global, FFRK, DW GUNDAM 3
    Nothing beats mirror force anyday :D And yeah, Super really has made Goku quite selfish. Although I wonder how the Dub will handle all this.

19. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dropped Hand Shakers after 2 episodes. I thought the visuals were nice but the premise kind of sucks.

Youjo Senki is my top favorite this season aside from Konosuba and Gintama.

20. Nightvayne283

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Well, at least you haven't missed much for Hand Shakers, since it's gotten even worse (and a lot worse at that, imo). I'm just in it for the medal and to see how bad the rest of it'll be, at this point.

Youjo is pretty close to being my AOTS so far. There's 3 shows I still need to eventually catch up on, but I doubt they'll be quite as good as Youjo Senki (could be pleasantly wrong, though).

: anime