The Otaku Thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Iskander, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Nightvayne283

Nightvayne283 Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark, Rain, and XP Zelnite
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I think I'm starting to get all the Kemono Friends hype. I binged through the first 8 episodes tonight and plan to catch up tomorrow, and so far, it's actually really good. Definitely surpassed my expectations.

Sent from a beautiful Duwang.

2. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Only thing I'm interested in for now is Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul. For others, I'm either readign the manga already, of have jsut checked the manga and just wasn't my cup of tea.

That Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai seems to be completely unrelated to what were thinking. Looking at the poster, this one seems more plot oriented.o_O
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/33834/Sin__Nanatsu_no_Taizai

3. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Leader janai, Katsura da!
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Well that's a bummer. An Ecchi huh..

4. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    so watched Konosuba episode 10...thats it? 10 measly episodes?!?!?!(n) I already somewhat hated 12 episode animes but this is a new low, especially since this one is actually great!:(

5. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Wasn't season 1 also 10 episodes? I do agree at the fact that 12 episodes are too short and leave you wanting more though.

6. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    I was in the mood for some mecha anime and since Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans s2 still not finished, I watched GaoGaiGar last week. A decent oldschool mecha anime and I enjoyed it.
    Now I'm just waiting for Gunam Orphans to finish, but man, I'm downloading the eps every week to be ready and I just cant help to skim them a lil and have already spoiled myself some things!:oops: Must resit temptation to watch before finished!

Yeah, it was 10 episodes as well. Plus an OVA. Was just hoping that this one would be more, since it was popular enough to get a second season.:( Well I guess stopping at defeating another one of Demon Lord's Generals is a good end point for a season.

7. Brimstone Emperor

Brimstone Emperor Perses

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Insert meta unit I wish I had here
    Level:
    999 We did it bois
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    ME: SoM, Magikarp Jump!, Skyrim (again, still)
    Wooo managed to wait for Konosuba S2 to finish before binging. Watched it all today, it was pretty great

8. Nightvayne283

Nightvayne283 Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark, Rain, and XP Zelnite
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Finished Konosuba season 2. Loved the ending. Not sure which season I enjoyed more, but I definitely enjoyed the finale for season 2 more.

Sent from a beautiful Duwang.

9. Brimstone Emperor

Brimstone Emperor Perses

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Insert meta unit I wish I had here
    Level:
    999 We did it bois
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    ME: SoM, Magikarp Jump!, Skyrim (again, still)
    Binged Masamune -kun. It ended pretty much how I thought it would. Honestly, it had its moments, but I feel like they could have done more with it.

10. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Definitely up there with poorly executed animes this season.

11. HolyThunderOfAtharva

HolyThunderOfAtharva Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Dynasty Warriors 8, BF Global, FFRK, DW GUNDAM 3
    uh...does anyone know when The Asterisk War (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk) episode 7-12 get english dubbed and released? I just watched this anime and I'm sorta interested in it.

12. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    I finished Gundam Oprhans yesterday and I gotta say it has become one of my favourite Gundam series.(y) Action was decent, no lightshow spectacle beam weapon fights like other gunam series typically have. Also started to like the designs of Barbatos, as it became more beastlike with each upgrade and Gusion with its Quad Rifle wielding and Scissor-Variable Rear Armor.:rolleyes:

But man did S2 go total akame ga kill with how some characters might just get killed, but oh did it make some "bad-guy" deaths later on all so much more satisfying!:mad: And I could accept the ending to it all as well, felt very similar to FF CC.

Anyway, Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS definitely gets my recommendation to whoever feels interested. Two seasons, 25 episodes each, features a bromance I haven't seen since Lagann.(y)

I'm thinking of watching Youjo Senki next, but some people have told me it ends in a cliffhanger?(n) Then again, only 12 episodes so might as well and maybe the manga scanlations for it will go on for a while.

13. HolyThunderOfAtharva

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    The Akame Ga Kill manga had a more happy ending, although there is still death. As for my own favorite Gundam series. G fighter, Wing, Seed and Seed destiny are my favorites (Although the only thing that sucked about seed destiny was Shin and his damn angry attitude)

14. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Yeah, I've only read the manga for Kill, but it was quite surprising how much they pushed for an as "happy" ending as possible in the last chapter, considering how the manga's general tone has been till that point.
    Same with Gundam Orphans, some died sure, but the others managed to get away from the life of human debris and the ending was basically an happy one.(y)
    Granted I havent really seen a lot of the "old" Gundam series, but I think my top 3 favourites now are Orphans, Wing and Seed. Cant make a top 10 cause I don't think I've even watched 10 different ones, unless I separate the seasons and movies.:rofl:

15. HolyThunderOfAtharva

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    I could really recommend mobile fighter g gundam to ya. Believe me when I say it's way different than other gundam series in terms of both controls and mobile suits

16. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    So I watched Youjo Senki this weekend. Cant expect a 12 ep anime to wrap up its plot, but in a way the ending wasn't too bad.
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!
    All in all, it wasn't a bad and disappointing watch.(y)
    I'm also reading the manga for it, if I see a chapter scanlated. But the chapter releases are slow and infrequent, so cant really get the ball rolling. But from what I remember, the anime skipped some parts. There were many others skipped stuff in the manga and it showed a lot more "though process" of the main char and her units iirc, giving the thing a better feel or seeing things more explained.

ZURA likes this.
  17. ZURA

ZURA Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Level janai, Katsura da!
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Idk
    Hello my fellow weebs :)

So, let's jump into it, my picks for the summer lineup.

• Owarimonogatari
    • Fate/Apocrypha
    • Katsugeki Touken Ranbu
    • New Game!! S2
    • Gamers!
    • Hajimete no Gal
    • Koi to Uso
    • Isekai Shokudo
    • Kakeguri
    • Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou no Kyuoshitsu e
    • Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni
    Pretty glad that the list is small. I'm all backed up on some shows so it all works out.

Virgilio Bautista likes this.
  18. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Only thing that caught my eye here is Owarimonogatari. Super curious to see what happens next after the twist from the last season.:rolleyes:
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Knights and Magic I read the manga for and has a pretty decent group behind it, so dunno if I'll pick up that anime. A good read regardless imo (the reincarnation to different world plots have really flooded the anime/manga industry of late)

Also of course continuing Bahamuth Virgin soul for the season.(y) So glad I picked that up. Kinda liked Favaro from S1 as the main char better, but its still good imo.

19. HolyThunderOfAtharva

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Dragon ball super 97 is soon. Wonder how the tournament of power will play? Just hopin gohan has a chance to shine

20. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    I have mixed feelings about DB Super. I mean I'll still probs watch it till the end since I've come as far as 90+ episodes. But ziz be dammed when you give some things some though at the tournament of power arc:
    I guess its one of those animes where you shouldn't really think too much and let the McGuffins drag the plot.:p Definitely recommend to read the manga as well, it follows the same-ish guidelines, but doesn't have fillers and thing are given a lil more thought and explanations. Manga is behind the anime story wise tho.:confused:

: anime