Tips/help with 3rd arc. Need strong summoners to take pity.

Discussion in 'Summoner Mode' started by Guy_at_zoo, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Guy_at_zoo

Guy_at_zoo Knight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Cheery Bjørn and Lin Lin
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hey guys, I’ve been playing BF off and on for two years, and I’ve finally stumbled upon the 3rd arc of the story. If there’s one thing I’ve learned so far it’s that the grind is real. Real enough to finally drive me to the forums to ask if anyone can help me out. I’m asking for general tips on starting out, narrowing down my weps/type as to not invest my time pointlessly, and maybe just general information you high levels wish you knew starting the summoner arc. If anyone feels kind enough to drop a friend code with a high level summoner I gift daily.

2. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    I'm still kind of new to summoner arc, but I'd recommend getting as far as you can until you run into a battle you can't beat. Then hard stop for a bit.

Reason being, you get STP (summoner training points) when you use friends, similar to the way you get honor points in regular mode. Right now you are only geting 50 STP for each battle. But later (probably the first of February), you'll get 400 STP per summoner quest. The STP can then be spent to boost your summoner stats, your weapon skills, your ability to use stronger summons, and your summoner avatar level.

3. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Its also relatively easy to get a basic "LS sphere" which is basically what gives you a leader skill. So be sure to get one of those. Level your spear and sword up to level 5. That unlocks two "EX skills". You can equip two at a time, and even if you're not using a particular weapon, you can still use any EX skills that you have unlocked for that weapon.
    Another good goal is to level your light summon and earth summons up.. earth to 9 and light to 25.

4. Guy_at_zoo

Guy_at_zoo Knight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Cheery Bjørn and Lin Lin
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I’m actually stuck on the first map. After grinding to beat tech city, I’ve hit what feels like a huge wall. Is that normal, because going from a full Omni + team running through arc 2, to getting demolished at the start of arc 3 is a little unsettling. I utalized my STP grinding in tech city, but now it takes a ridiculous amount of exp in gain a level in anything. Last question, why is it important to specifically level light? Luckily that’s what I picked to start, but I’m also doing water. I have the two EX skills and finally got the LS last night.

5. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    light is good because one of those pros said so.. ushi or whatever. I got a little bit further than tech city and have been grinding for STP ever since. One thing that really can push you further is having a friend with a strong avatar. I have a friend that has like 23k hp, 9k atk, 7k def, 7k rec. so I'm pretty luck to have gotten as far as I did, thanks to him.

6. Guy_at_zoo

Guy_at_zoo Knight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Cheery Bjørn and Lin Lin
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    See I really need someone to carry me. I’ve read after the first map you get better leveling options for your STP. It sounds noobish but what can I say. Lol

7. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    yeah, it sure does help, but it doesn't matter too much. I hit a wall because my next battle selects a friend for me.. can't use mine. Have to use Reda. So I've just been building my parameters and working towards having a strong light element so I can bring 6 or 7 star units to the next battle. But since they chopped STP gains for a bit, I'm not using my energy in summoner arc. I've just been taking advantage of 1/2 vortex energy doing imp/jewel parades, the occasional guardians of lore, and daily dungeons if they are useful.

8. Guy_at_zoo

Guy_at_zoo Knight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Cheery Bjørn and Lin Lin
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    So from what I can gather I started summoner arc at the perfect time, right before they start making it easier for people to catch up.

9. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Yeah man, basically just sit tight on summoner arc until they bump STP gains back up. then just grind for STP. plenty of other stuff to spend energy on right now.

10. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    oh, and fun fact, summoning arts lab quests count as 'quests' for the purposes of your daily challenges.. so its a great way to get quest completed points or enemies defeated without spending energy. I know there's been times I didn't want to gain experience either, because I was about to level and didn't want my energy to refill until I used it all. So if you are looking to complete daily challenges and avoid leveling your overall level and/or spend energy, summoning arts lab can help.

11. Henshen

Henshen Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (forever changing; Henshen/Rain/Shion)
    Level:
    500+ (SM:250+)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Summoner Mode
    For a quick way to cheese SArc, choose an element, raise it to 100, and let your OEs (of selected element) carry you through the rest of SArc

What element you should select heavily depends on your pokedex, but the most popular element actually ended up being water, due to a strong varied pool of units. (Also Savia+Ravea cheese strats)
    -----------------
    Something newbies often misunderstand is that their unit's element does not need to be the same as the summoner's. Running rainbow/mixed teams is a valid strategy, only reason to match element is for grinding summoning arts slightly faster.

12. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing: