Boss Guide Trial No. X2, Battle Maidens

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Username, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Username

Username Skywalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Michele(L), Zenia(G), Bestie(O)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Rank G_Gold, FF:RK
    Hello all. As of this post, they've released a RS batch for the new Global Exclusive Trial featuring the Battle Maidens. The trial's date has not yet been announced so don't hop on the hype train yet. I've so far written guides for ToTG 4-6 and Trial No. X1, and I'd like to believe they've helped at least a couple of people out there, so I'll try my hand again at the next Global Exclusive. I like writing trials for the Global Exclusives because they're fresh and new. No several-month-old youtube tuts or JP meta's for us to follow. I myself get to have a little fun, and even more fun if I were to actually lose. Using Dual Cardes + Tilith w/ Ihsir's Guise made the last trial too ez.

Trial No. X1, Xenon & Estia: http://www.bravefrontierforum.net/threads/trial-no-x1-xenon-estia.45694/

Reward for Trial No. X2
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Unit Categories (Updated 03/11/15)
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Walkthrough

Video Walkthrough(Tridon/Luka leads, courtesy of Stahn K)

Personal Opinions/Advice for the Trial

Post and ask anybody for help if needed. Someone will answer. Tag me if I messed up / left out useful information.

Edit: If anybody wants to upload a vid without using global exclusives (aka a team like mine) and let me put it here that'd be great. The in-game recorder doesn't seem to like trials -_-.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    MmerkK412, IAMDA, Brotov and 3 others like this.
  2. Israfie

Israfie The Gif Man

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    867-5309
    Leader:
    Gravion
    Fei and Fang are both a BC battery and defense ignore unit (y)

Edit: Andaria also has the status cure as well as poison (70%) and paralysis (50%) on BB. And status null and +5 BC at the end of a turn on SBB. AND her LS is pretty good for bb spam I'd say :p

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Username and Virgilio Bautista like this.
  3. OhCanada

OhCanada Celestial

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell, Zelnite, Elza
    Level:
    It'll be really interesting seeing how their going to balance a trial with six opponents. My prediction is that you fight them in groups of two. Fighting all six at once would be epic, but unless there is a BB drain (which there probably will be), it would be way too easy to get full gauges from six enemies.

4. Username

Username Skywalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    It's out.

5. MmerkK412

MmerkK412 Gleaming God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Something
    Level:
    360+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    X2 is up... Looking forward to seeing some good strategies. Have fun everyone! Good luck ;)

Edit: I'll be going in blind when my energy replenishes, and will most likely be using this guide if/when I lose.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  6. Username

Username Skywalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Sleeping. Guys please leave any and all info that you experience so I can add this in the morning. Good luck and good night.

7. Brotov

Brotov Almighty

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    King Bastard Jon Snow
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Nice guide! I will add some pointers from my fight that may become useful:

Battle 1 (Fennia, Cayena, Lico)
    • If 2 or more at 50% threshold, the special attacks were done only 1 per turn. Meaning, the next special from the next maiden will be unleashed on the next turn.
    • It would be a much safer bet to use status negation LS to avoid Paralysis on turn 3 and more (eg. Darvanshel, Luka (she is THE KINGSHIT! her HC and Rec boost saves a lot of curing problems), Tilith, etc)
    • Focus all of your attack to kill Cayena first, because she is the main BB drainer of the batch. When Cayena is killed, I notice that there are no more BB drain attacks. She's got the lowest HP too I think
    • At some point, someone deals great Def buff (dunno which maiden), added with Atk down. It will drastically lower your attack. Only dealing at max 100-ish damage at most. The Atk down can be dealt with status negation, but the Def buff will still become slight annoyance
    Battle 2 (Vanilla, Bayley, Serin)
    • They are the same, if 2 or more at 50% threshold, the special attacks were done 1 per turn
    • TOTALLY GUARD AND MITIGATE WHEN VANILLA IS AT 50% THRESHOLD! I REPEAT, TOTAL GUARD WITH MITIGATION! I used Tridon lead and had the SBB shield on at 50%, mitigation and def buff from Darvanshell, this is the result of the 130%_max_HP damage without guarding:
    sQGdyiId.jpg
    • Serin's special attack can fully drain BB gauge at 50% threshold, while not as hurftul as Vanilla's attack
    • Serin can also get Bayley's Angel Idol buff if Bayley dies first, I think. When Serin revived, she will use her same special attack one more time

8. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Note: Nemia is a good STBB unit, forgot her.

Also, ATK/DOWN, DEF/DOWN will be damn useful. I recommend Belfura for her BB fill to help sustain with all the constant draining, and Fiora for second battle with Fire/Thunder giving extra damage to the more dangerous two.

As for the HP lead, I would recommend Emeldia instead for 40% HP boost instead of 30%. Emeldia also has healing, HoT, status curing, and a BB gauge fill, so using her in tandem with a status preventer like Narza, you would be pretty golden.

Ideal team imo:
    Emeldia(Lead, 40% HP, healing, status cleanser, BB gauge sustain)

Narza(Mitigation, status cleaning, BB gauge sustain)

Arus(Damage, Unlimited SBB, made to take Bayley out on second battle, as she is the main problem/Nemia/Rowgen/Lilith/Sergio

Belfura(ATK/DEF down, BB sustain)/Fiora(ATK/DEF down, Fire/Thunder Elements) any other ATK/DEF buffer will do(Note, Fiora is mainly for second battle, Belfura works in both)

Last spot is eh, Maxwell for AOE Damage, BC gen, same with Elza/Lario/Stya, could do another mitgator, Exvhel to be safe on status, Zelnite for BB sustain+BC/HC gen. In fact, go ahead and use Zelnite.
    Tridon friend(30% HP, 50% REC, 10% mitigation, + shield.)

Sent from the land of desu.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  9. Firefox

Firefox Kheiron

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    everything that is considered meta
    Level:
    23x and lvl'ing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I donno why but, my team wiped at the end of the trial, like when every maiden had 10% hp left, they wiped a full team with tridon lead and shield on, with shera SBB on too

Reign likes this.
  10. IAMDA

IAMDA Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ❤ 송지효
    Level:
    Baddie. (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    ✌ 마마무, AOA, 레드벨벳
    Gonna try this a bit later after l finish farming some totems. GREAT! l might have a chance to use my max SBB Anima Belfura! <3 l just evolved Luka so l'm not sure if l can level her a bit for this, unless l just waste all my :fire: crystals l was saving for my other Urukina and try to hope for Great/Super Successes. Wow, it seems dual HP% leads will be nice and l LOVE that (Emeldia anyone???? :rolleyes:).

Hmm, just off the top of my head l might run something like:
    • Eve/Kirin/Emeldia (lead)
    • Belfura/Zelnite
    • Luka/Lilly
    • Sierra/Naruza
    • Urukina/Emeldia (if not lead)
    • Tridon/HP% lead (friend)
    ls this a case where you, not "have" to, mitigate every turn or save it during those HP% attacks (e.g. Maxwell/Destiny). Cause that might be a difference in bringing Sierra or Naruza (depending if l can use Luka or not).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  11. magus

magus Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Kalyuk (Support), Random
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    SWSA, BF, KH:UX, UL
    went in blind with
    Tridon(G) Lead - Rigness (G) - Rosetta (A) - Shera (G) - Maxwell (L) - Lily Friend (L)
    sad to say i lost my Tridon before i beat the first fight and lost my friend's lily @ like 2nd fight's 30'ish %.
    brought with me cure, revive,revive light, fujin, and fujin tonic. i revived my shera, maxwell and my friend's lily matah the whole 2 fights... probably couldve beaten it sooner if i bought my cresent dews but didnt want to bring them cause i just didnt :rolleyes:

12. NoahsArk

NoahsArk Eurynomos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Quaid/Kanon/Kira/Raaga/Medina/Grah/Ruby
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier; GTA 5; Pokemon Rumble World
    Why Rigness and not something more defensive?

13. Floodj32

Floodj32

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Changes with the release of units
    1 squaded with the following units;
    Tridon (Lead); Dandelga, Ihsir's Guise
    Ulkia; Drevas, Sol Creator
    Yujeh; Legwand
    Zelnite; Legwand Evil Shard
    Shera; Urias, Miroku Pearl
    Lilly (friend)

Items; 10 cures (did not use), 5 Fujins (used all but 2), Crescent Dew (used both), Revive Light (used both)

Took out Cayena first as she seems to be the majority of the BB steal in the first round. Lost 2 units in round 1 upon Lico and Fennia hitting 50% even with Tridon shield and mitigation up. I might try Ardin/Fiora Atk down in place of Yujeh, although her HoT was very nice. I might try a rerun once energy is back up. First round status cure is a must with paralysis.

Vanilla was also able to take out a unit with mitigation and shield up on her 50% health atk. I had one other time the RNG focused on a unit and killed with mitigation and shield. Once Vanilla was gone it was pretty much auto pilot from there.

14. magus

magus Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Kalyuk (Support), Random
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    SWSA, BF, KH:UX, UL
    because i already have shera and tridon, plus he IS the best healer, versatility wise. Ulkina heals more but rigness heal+HC should be enough.

15. Latch

Latch Almighty

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa, Vern, Krantz, Zelnite, Ciara, Adriesta
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Halo TLOZ Tales Series Dark Souls Pokemon
    both cayena and fennia can use debuff i think or maybe all three i cant tell because they attack like monkeys.

16. jxleeus

jxleeus Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lilly Matah , Grah , Deemo , Elza , Maxwell , Ultor , Tridon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Leader : Tridon (legwand + Ihsir's Guise) For add on 30 % hp
    Sub unit : Elza (legwand + sol creator) For bc drop generator / can be replace Maxwell , Rostella (and unit sbb with many combo)
    Sub Unit : Ultor (Legwand + Dragon Stund) For Taunt Bc drain from other unit.
    Sub unit : Exvehl (Drevas + Omi Gizmo) Status Clear
    Sub Unit :Shera (Dandelga + Sol Creator) Migration damage
    Friend : Zelnite (any sphere add on hp ) add on HC and BC drop
    Item : cure , Fujin Potion , Fujin Tonic , Revive , Revive Light

These are the unit how i clear the Trial X2

17. Username

Username Skywalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Updated. Probably not completely accurate but for the most part it fits. GL guys. I will continue to make edits whenever someone points out something wrong or finds something new.

18. Leap

Leap Tactician

Cleared it in two squads. Took me a few tries:

Team 1:
    Matah (lead)
    Tridon (Friend lead)
    Ultor
    Rigness
    Shera
    Maxwell
    Team 2:
    Orna (lead)
    Tridon (friend)
    Narza
    Tree
    Raghelm
    Zelnite

Team 1 got me to the crazy end of the first battle, then I finished them off with team 2. 2nd battle was cake.

My observations: if you are using Tridon you don't need a real healer. Pseudo healers are fine like Zelnite. I really only used Rigness BB when I needed status clear, I think I only used it once for healing. I could see this being doable one squadding, but this is the first time I've beaten a trial without looking on the internet for advice so I was happy.

Jet Stingren and Username like this.
  19. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Cherubium

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Glyph (A) , Sagavehl (B) , Feeva (B), Vesty (A)
    Level:
    206 [JP]
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier JP, FFRK
    Probs to you for using that combo of Orna & Narza. I really like using that combo.

20. Leap

Leap Tactician

Yeah, honestly though battle two seems a lot easier to sustain BB's, so they probably aren't as necessary. I really went into every fight trying to 1 squad. So that second squad kinda just worked out.