Unit advice

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Hellohello, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Hellohello

Hellohello Behemoth

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Goddess Axe Mechele
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I was just looking for some advice on what units i should use for my squads.
    8* units
    :earth: Zelnite
    :dark: Elza
    Units with 8* possibility:
    :fire: Kulyuk
    :water: Mariela
    :fire: Ciara
    :fire: Avant
    :fire: Rengaku
    :fire: Glenn
    :water: Belfura (future update)
    :water: Vern
    :water: Azami
    :water: Melord
    :water: Zalts
    :earth: Rozelia
    :earth: Gyras
    :thunder: Rayla
    :light:Izuna
    :light: Garrel
    :dark: Kalon
    :dark: Feeva (future)

I don't have any mitigators with 8* possibilities the best ones i have are Darvenshell and Dolk

Thanks for the advice :)

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Pretty much the same thing as last reply I gave to you, just some additional comments below:

You have the option of Dolk instead of Darvanshel, if doing that can theoretically drop Melord/Kulyuk from squad. Thing is that Dolk needs to alternate BB/SBB to get both his def buff and def stack out on squad anyway, same as Melord, and Dolk's stat buffs aren't good by modern standards (Dolk's are meh, Kulyuk's are still meh, Melord is good). Personally I'd stick with Darvanshel. Tradeoff isn't very worthwhile.

Also possible to take out Elza and use Izuna/Vern for your spark damage buff. If doing that, either SP Vern for BC/spark or bring Feeva in another slot (e.g. Ciara slot) for BC/spark when Feeva gets Omni. But the problem is that you don't have many sources of heal over time buff, so you may be stuck with Elza for the time being even though you have alternatives for her spark roles.

Rozalia is an alternate trial/GGC hard content lead to Mariela, Rozalia lead is for fire/water/thunder/earth bosses, her mitigation LS doesn't work vs. light/dark. If have some space in squad (e.g. no Ciara), then consider Rengaku for OD fill or perhaps Azami if need more ailments.

For Arena, look at using Glenn lead with Izuna in squad, other slots whatever (probably Zelnite I guess then whoever else).

3. Hellohello

Hellohello Behemoth

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Goddess Axe Mechele
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    i got some new units would they be helpful in my squad?

:thunder:Kannon
    :thunder:Litcht
    :light: Juno-seto
    :light:Luada
    :light:Diastima
    :light:Agress
    :fire:Barbara
    :water:Elimo
    :water:Holia
    :dark:Kalon
    :dark:Gregor

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    In general these are all good units, though Gregor is a bit niche (he's good for FH/crit builds but isn't useful in many other parts of the game). Main thing is that Juno-Seto and Elimo are Omni potential mitigators so you are no longer stuck using a 7* mitigator.

QUEST/FARM
    :earth:Zelnite (Lead) + :light:Juno-Seto, :water:Vern (or Elza), :thunder:Kanon (or Melord/Kulyuk), :dark:Kalon (or Ciara)

GENERAL PURPOSE
    - same as above except Vern/Elza lead... or take Kalon/Ciara out of squad, bring Lauda, and use Lauda as lead.

TRIAL/GGC
    -
    take out Zelnite from squad, bring Mariela, and use Mariela as lead. For fire/water/earth/thunder bosses, can take out Zelnite AND Vern/Elza, bring Rozalia only (with one free slot for someone else).

Note on Elza - although Elza offers ailments, spark dmg, BC/spark (if SP'd) but her heal over time is weak. This is a slight problem as it conflicts with Juno's stronger heal over time - buffs of same type do not stack, more recent cast overwrites. And due to how their animations work, if using a low delay or 0ms delay autobattle Elza will always overwrite Juno's stronger HoT with her shitty one. This is less problematic with Holia or Elimo, but IIRC Juno animates particularly quickly and so almost always applies her buffs first before other units.