Useful information/number/base game elements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sustainer, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    I decided to throw together a useful topic outlining some game details/numbers/information I understand to be true. Feedback, suggestions and additions are also welcome :)

Useful links - I use these things daily:

There is one main resource for this game - @greenpuck for the site and deathmax for the data mining (Truly the two most important members of the BF community IMO) - the following links are invaluable to get useful "in game" information about units.
    If you want to get into raiding @Eleiryn has made an amazing raid guide, there has been a lot of work put into it, and she provides quests/mats/boss tips/etc..

Useful pointers for raid:

There are some useful pointers that not a lot of people learn before they jump into day to day play, and raid - they get a mishmash of units, hop into something, hit auto battle and proceed to win the game. The problem is this can be detrimental to your and your team mates performance and general objectives in the game.

• Raid bosses have a number of body parts(1 to 5 I think?) - normally not a concern, but in some cases you actually need to destroy a specific body part BEFORE the main body is reduced to 0 HP in order to get a rare drop.
    • You can target specific body parts by tapping on them.
    • Stars do help increase the raw # of drops you get however
    • Having a high # of stars will NOT allow a rare drop to occur if a body part has not been broken - this has been proven, documented and noted. If you blew through something and still got the drop it is probably a client miss-sync where another person actually downed the part.
    • To further complicate destroying body parts, they tend to be immune to extra critical hit damage, and have a heavy reduction to critical hits which occur against them.
      • Avant/Korzan/Farzen/Griff/Colt/Reis squads tend to not be ideal to take on these encounters
      • Crit damage squads actually have a rougher time scoring on these parts, due to a huge portion of their damage being reduced by extra crit damage immune body parts
      • A single target damage dealer (one) is ideal for these encounters
      • If you lack said single target damage dealer a Spark % lead (Lucius works well here - and he is 100% free) with a Mikael friend will provide you with enough single target damage to down the body parts before the main body dies - leave the crit% damage buffers at home for this.
    • Some notable encounters:
      • Balmedia - Blaze Pearls - Tail needs to be destroyed before the main body
      • Estoreit - Azure Sphere - Wings need to be destroyed before the main body.
      • Arkem - Calamity Core - Thunder needs to be destroyed before the main body
      • Jirayen - Evil Eye - Claws need to be destroyed before Body (These die fast, can still bring crit squads, but keep an eye on their HP)
      • (Feel free to offer any others - I will add :D)
    • Feel free to bring whatever you want for most content, but take care with the above specific mats/encounters.
    Base numbers used in game

So there are a few things in game that most take for granted and isn't clearly outlined, I will try to give a list of as many quick "facts" as possible:

• The base chance for a Battle Crystal (BC) to drop is 35%
    • The base chance for a Heart Crystal (HC) to drop is 10%
    • Every drop check has a chance to drop BC
    • HC drops are based off individual hits (Thx Priya! - whoops)
    • BB Fill does NOT affect BB gauge on Hit, BB fill - 1 turn, BB fill - 3 turns, BB fill on Spark, it only affects BB gauge generated from BC drops
    • On global it is possible to get > 100% BC % Drop rate - while this does NOT give you 2 BC drops, it does help on trials/Elgif lvl7/etc where BC% drops are suppressed (Outside some recent encounters, where they have a buff that just flat out reduces their BC drop rate to 0)
    • Every hit (sometimes different from drop check) has a chance to drop Karma/Zel/Items/HC
    • Every 3 points of defense negate 1 point of damage
    • Most mobs/enemies/whatever in the game have ~1000 defense, there are defense buffs that are applied, as well other mechanics that can boost - but generally mobs have around a 333 damage reduction - making defense ignore generally pretty useless for damage boosting.
      • Notable exceptions: Trial of the Gods, Metal Parade, ?
    • Players can stack some crazy defense to make most things in the game hit for 1 damage outside fixed damage attacks, % of HP attacks and threshold attacks - see trials/raids as they surface - you can still wipe easily from these mechanics, but "noise" damage is dramatically reduced.
    • Different game elements require different buffs/squads/etc... Units which are game breaking in some modes are.... useless in others.
    • You cannot exceed 700% critical damage - this is generally reached with a pair of Avant leads, Crit damage buff, and Avant UBB Critical Damage buff. In cases such as these items like Geldnite Axe/Blades of Ultor/Blighted seal have a minimal impact on a singular unit "Doing more damage". While not common for standard gameplay, it does factor in with sphere choices for FH. (Thanks to @Tygsgg)
    Arena
    • Arena is not rocket science - everyone has a squad pretty well capable of getting 1000 wins with 0 losses - and argue to the point of fighting how they are right, and everyone else is wrong
    • To win at Arena, use the following:
      • 80%(Rahgan/Avani for this) or higher atk% on LS
      • Optional: +1 hit at 50% Damage for squad on LS
      • Optional 2: +30% HP along with +100% Atk is also fun - see Krantz/Michele/Selena(with 4x Iris) for more viable squads.
      • As many units as possible with +1 hit ES
      • Selena with Lexida - her Idol effect is just too powerful to pass up - also F2P.
      • That's it - specific units/etc... don't matter
      • Spheres don't matter (Unless you are using a +1 hit Sphere on a unit that doesn't have it)
      • Breaker/Guardian/Oracle/Anima/Lord don't matter

Questing:

Often the question pops up "Where do I get XP quickly?" the following are a few pointers I go by:
    • If available, I generally run the Lvl4 of the Karma Vortex on Monday.
    • Otherwise the last map you can safely run on auto battle without wiping - not even a 99% success rate, you want the map that gives you 100% success with zero chance of failure - the XP/energy margins are so tight that one single loss is like running a "lower" xp map hundreds of times to make up the XP difference... as in there is little benefit to running a map you have a chance of failing.

So I have this unit - make me a squad!

There is no real alpha and omega squad anymore, due to a WIDE range of buffs, different encounters requiring different buffs - there is no one shot wins all the games content. Asking advice for specific encounters, game content, or just something that is frustrating you will generally get more favorable responses.

Cheers all - hopefully the above answers some questions, or can offer some direction.

Feedback is welcome as always, just please try to let me know where you are coming from if you have some contradictory evidence to my above points.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. DownWithTheRest

DownWithTheRest Suppressor

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa/Nyami/Eze/Zeruiah/Sirius
    Level:
    Higher then 1, lower then 999
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier(Global+JP), League of Legends
    "Everyone is capable of getting a 1000 win streak".
    Connections Errors say no.

Jk <3. Great post for any newcomers and some veterans too!

3. #User44

#User44 Legend

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Deimos, Sefia, Zedus, Kira, Kafka, Selena, (Meta)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Warframe, SMITE
    Although, it would be more interesting if arena was rocket science.

Tonst3r likes this.
  4. kainoa25

kainoa25 Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Please keep this stickied. It'll help with the pointless question spam(not really cause we can't cure idiocy) but it's good cause now I can answer stupid questions with a simple link to this thread lol.

5. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I find it weird that myself or someone else hadn't put down this stuff in the past.

I don't think idiocy is the correct word sir - lack of knowledge, or perhaps a learning/teaching opportunity (DAMN YOU HR/SENSITIVITY TRAINING IN PREVIOUS JOBS!!!)

RyAnime Valentine and oppai like this.
  6. kainoa25

kainoa25 Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Agreed. A one stop shop for all links in the general discussion would be perfect. Even links to things like elle's raid guide, basic gumi official forum links, important things only reddit or AI has etc. Ofc not too wall of texty kind of post but with all the importants there.
    heh I get you, your professionalism is taking over. I assure you I'm not always an asshole I know how to act professional and nice when I have to >.>

7. JayD

JayD

Leader:
    Retired
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  8. Cayhr

Cayhr Born Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Eze, Azurai, Pinku, Zeruiah,
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Xenoblade Chronicles X, LoL, Brave Frontier
    Ultor also has Angel Idol for Arena, but he isn't f2p.

9. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Why I left him off :)

10. Priya

Priya The Witch Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Classified
    Leader:
    Shion/Zeru/Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Unison League, Valkyrie Connect,
    Eleiryn likes this.
  11. Phat Kat

Phat Kat Lantern

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Changes, check Sig
    Level:
    240+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Should definitely have this thread stickied in the guide section for newer and ignorant players. So many times crit leads come in my room and ruin everything. It's like they wait just for me to enter raid and pounce all at once to sabotage my drops. Nice work sustainer and whoever helped.(y)

12. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Was the result of my jimmies being rustled bad last week and a cup of coffee :D

Eleiryn and Phat Kat like this.
  13. JayD

JayD

Leader:
    Retired
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  14. Edwire

Edwire Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell / Selena / Diana
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    You could throw in how final damage is calculated - spark, crit, imp stat, element/etc are multiplier while atk buff/BB atk buff/sphere stat/et are additive (not sure how to word those.. but I hope you get the point :lol:)

15. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I thought about it - but that... isn't really a quick reference thing.

Any topics I've made in the past on that tend to get lolwut??

16. Tygsgg

Tygsgg North Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avani
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    How about caps (since you gave the base, which some I only knew here). Though we only knew few.

17. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Will certainly add the 700% crit damage cap.

The recent..... 99,999 atk cap on the other hand.. I don't think really has a place - if a player has the units/etc to get there they probably already know about it.

18. oppai

oppai

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    mostly bb boosters :l
    Level:
    rising
    Currently Playing:
    Phantom of the kill/dota 2
    just wondering did anyone test out how high the maximum spark damage up buff (%) caps are?
    Im guessing theres no caps, but i could be wrong.

19. 19jburner

19jburner Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    LunarEmerald likes this.
  20. Leonhart

Leonhart

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai/Zelnite/Elza/Sirius
    Currently Playing:
    God Eater 1/2
    Question, does tristat selfbuff (Seria or Sareas) stacks with tristatt party buffs? (Atro/Sirius)
    I was not sure about this and can't find a reliable source of information.