Vargas is getting bland

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Gun Axsassin, Jan 4, 2018.

?

So for my offensive Leader

1. Keep Vargas?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dirk Reso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Daze

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kitsu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ilm

33.3%
  6. Feeva

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kira

33.3%
  8. Lauda

33.3%
  9. Zellha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Neither above, comment down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gun Axsassin

Gun Axsassin Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Jiradui
    Leader:
    Chloe
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    CS:GO
    Ignis Halcyon Vargas is my very first unit, sticking with me ever since I started playing Brave Frontier, and is also my first Omni Unit.
    In terms of stats alone he is probably my highest unit, with 9.8k Atk and 27k HP without including LS. Yet, the only thing he does other than smacking other enemies is boosting BB Gauges, barely having enough sustainability to make it through high level bosses (not to say my entire squad will be wiped).
    I currently have a total of 15 different Omni Units, almost all of them having an extra enhancement like maybe say, Divine Law Kanon and Cerulean Grace Eriana are supports who can negate status effects and do a good amount of healing, Fate-Eater Ilm and Chloe (from Alchemist's Code) are pretty much the ones bosses have trouble with, especially when Ilm actually gets stronger the weaker he is.

I already figured that I will have a support, a mitigator and an offensive-boosting unit as 3 of my Leader Units. I already covered the first 2 slots with Eriana and Chloe, so it comes down to the offensive one. Vargas is great and all, but when I slowly get newer and better units, he gets sorta...useless? Unless I spend almost all my SP just to unlock the "Probable resistance to 1 KO attacks to UBB", he just has no sustainability.

I'm already deciding on who to replace Vargas as a Leader.
    Dirk Reso is my top choice since he not only boosts BB, but also inflicts status ailments like Kafka. Then I have Kitsu, Daze, Ilm, Feeva, Kira, Lauda and Zellha, or at least these are my choices to replace Vargas.

This Leader will go into a Rainbow Squad alongside, Ilm, Eriana, Chloe and a 6* Rouche (at least until I get more cost for a 7* since I'm just Level 160+). thanks :3.

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Sounds about right regarding Vargas. Few people would use a Vargas lead these days, if they have better options. You have better options.

Regarding lead skill choice in general... the way the general community frames it isn’t quite the same as what you have done. Close, mind you, you are absolutely on the right track, but we tend to break it down more:

The leaders every player should ideally have are as follows. Please note this is an IDEAL situation, a perfect world, a wishlist. It’s fine if you don’t meet all of the following. This is just what people aim for.

Account XP gain lead skill for account levelling (Zelnite, Shion, Zeruiah, Bjorn & Linlin are the only choices)

Universal dmg reduction/mitigation lead skill for boss fights, e.g. trial, vortex GGC (Chloe doesn’t count, Chloe lead only reduces dmg vs light/dark element, ideally you want something like Regil, Lukroar, Alan, Azurai, Shida or failing which then Phileine, Cleria, Mariela, Rain, Mordlim, etc. Technically all players can get Omni Ark for free eventually, of course. It’s also possible to, say, have Chloe/Zekt/Long for light/dark mitigation, and other leads for other elements)

Non-crit dmg lead for regular non-guild raid sphere material farming (for some players this may be same as dmg mitigation lead as above, for others may be different. Lauda, Feeva, are good choices here)

Crit dmg lead for crit kill vs older bosses or monthly FH event (Kira, maybe Chloe technically qualify... If a player is using crit dmg UBB tho it is possible to just use a non-crit LS with a friend crit lead)

ABP/CBP boost lead for arena/colo. Could be same for colo atk/def, could be different. No lead you’ve listed here qualifies.

If doing guild raid, then you also want a good mono element lead skill for each element.

As an aside, Dirk Rezo is not considered a popular lead; he is not a popular unit full stop. His LS is ok but not great. Ailments are very binary, either they’re useful... or they’re fairly useless, depends on what you’re fighting. They are required to beat certain bosses, but most of the time don’t make much difference. All players should have an ailment unit (or a friend for this), and I personally do like bringing ailments in squad, but to be honest it isn’t something you necessarily need in main squad 24/7.

Chloe is primarily considered a mono light lead (since a lot of her LS only boosts light units), and is designed with the current Guild Raid meta in mind. She is still usable outside GR of course, and there are a lot of light and dark bosses, but it kinda depends if you have four other good light units to pair with a Chloe lead. If you do, great, if not, then not so great.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  3. Gun Axsassin

Gun Axsassin Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Jiradui
    Leader:
    Chloe
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Thanks for the info.

I do have Mariela, but I'm looking for an offensive Leader Unit, like BB Gauge boost, BB Atk boost etc. although having mitigators is also a good choice.

I do have a mono-light squad ready, which should explain the Chloe lead (Chloe, Kira, Lauda, Zellha, Rouche), but at the moment I'm looking for another unit that will work on rainbow squads.

Just went through the few Omni Units I have and since you said Dirk Reso isnt a very good choice, I was actually thinking about Ilm, having the sustainability I was missing from Vargas, or maybe Kira, who outrights shits on most stuff.

Feeva personally is a little on the weak side since I haven't gotten Sin of Rebellion yet.

I'm also able to evolve Nagid, Zekuu, Rozalia, Melord, Ragra, Holia, Freed and Solos once the Exchange Hall restocks its Metal Mimics.

4. Gun Axsassin

Gun Axsassin Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Jiradui
    Leader:
    Chloe
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Will it be worth if I pulled Sefia from the New Year login and placed her as a replacement for Vargas? I use a mono-light squad as well so just curious if she can be a viable replacement for Vargas aside from being a normal unit

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Bit hard to give comments about your squad, info on exactly what Omni-capable units you have is spread out across paragraphs. I'm seeing... :fire:Vargas, :water:Kitsu, Ilm, Melord, Holia, Mariela, :earth:Daze, Eriana, Nagid, Rozalia, Freed, :thunder:Kanon, Ragra, :light:Kira, Lauda, Zellha, Chloe, Solos, :dark:Feeva, Dirk Rezo, Kafka?, Zekuu ...

Anything left out there? Based just on that... a mixed ele build you could be running is :water:Mariela (SP ailment removal), :water:Holia (or Dirk Rezo/Zellha, see below), :dark:Feeva (SP spark dmg buff), :light:Lauda, :earth:Nagid (SP Nagid for def relative to atk, or Ilm/Solos/Chloe instead of Nagid, but see below)

This gives Mariela lead for dmg reduction/mitigation to stay alive in hard boss fights, paired with a Regil/Lukroar/Azurai/Shida/Alan/etc friend. You can then swap to Lauda OR Feeva lead for damage output in Raid/Quest/whatever. And yeah, even without Sin of Rebellion you'd probably want Feeva. Build reasons.

Holia has 80% KO resistance UBB out of the box, which is probably the ONLY reason you'd want to use Vargas, so, y'know, don't need Vargas, can just bring Holia.

You can technically use Ilm/Solos/Chloe instead of Nagid in this build, but I suggest raising Nagid simply because he can also do heal over three turns. Now, Holia does that, yeah, but there may be situations where you'd need to remove Holia from squad in order to bring Dirk Rezo or Zellha. Will need ailment inflict and debuffs for SOME bosses, just not all the time.

Or if you can rely on Alza Masta or Omni Tridon friends, it's possible to remove Mariela from squad entirely, running some other lead. But there aren't that many Alza Pastas or Tridongs out there. Yet. And for some stuff we can't use friends.

If your mono light squad is Chloe (Lead) + Kira, Lauda, Zellha, Rouche... to be honest, I'd say put that on the back burner now. Come back to it later when you get a couple more light units to consider. It's almost working, but it's not 100% functional.

So, problem is that - if you're in a situation where Chloe's stat bulk and dmg reduction on LS matters? The squad's still too squishy even with Chloe's LS. No heals, no ailment cleanse, no base stat buffs. Ok, so what if you want the damage boosts from Chloe's LS? Well, if a high damage mono light squad is all you want, then you might as well run Kira as squad lead, not Chloe...
    Sefia would help mono light squad - she's a spark dmg buffer. For a rainbow setup, chances are you'd want to get spark dmg buff from Omni Feeva with SP, not something like Sefia... looking at your current units, Feeva seems the most overall slot efficient choice. She'd lack her sphere, sure, but nevermind that for now.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  6. Gun Axsassin

Gun Axsassin Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Jiradui
    Leader:
    Chloe
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    OK so I currently have Feeva as my rainbow offensive Leader, but ahhh, don't really know what SP build I shud do.

Already have 20% boost to all parameters and the BB Gauge boost for 3 turns to SBB. As for spheres I have Malice Jewel and Fairy Fate, at least until I get Sin of Rebellion.

7. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Feeva should have:
    - 10 SP for 20% boost to Def, max HP
    - 40 SP for adds enormous spark damage boost for three turns to BB/SBB
    - 20 SP for enhances BB/SBB enormous spark damage boost

This leaves 30 SP for whatever else you want, or a bit more if you Omni+ Feeva (up to 50 SP remaining with Omni+3).

Not sure what you mean by 'BB gauge boost for three turns'. Sounds like you took the 50 SP option for sparks fill BB gauge. I wouldn't recommend this. Lauda does that job, and unless you go all in on Omni+3 on Feeva, you can't fit both spark dmg buff and sparks fill gauge on Feeva. You can fit everything if you Omni+3 Feeva, but Omni+3 is expensive in resources.

Though if you do go Omni+3 on Feeva like that, it would be better to remove Lauda from build and run Dirk Rezo full time, instead.

8. Gun Axsassin

Gun Axsassin Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Jiradui
    Leader:
    Chloe
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I think you slightly misunderstood my squads. I do have Lauda for my mono-light squad, but he is not included in my rainbow squad, instead I have Ilm, Eriana, Chloe and a 6* Rouche, with Feeva as the current Leader.

Also, I have left the "boosts parameters when BB Gauge is full" locked, and added the SP skill where for the next 3 rounds, BB Gauge will fill slowly, but I am also planning on getting the "Sparks boost BB Gauge" for single boss use.

Went for 2 summons (because why not), and I got Soleil and Zeek, just wondering if they are good.

Went for some Grand Gaia Chronicals grinding, now my Feeva has Fairy Fate and Sin of Rebellion, alongside some other spheres, but nothing really rare/lot more useful.

9. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    No. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying your mixed element squad is inefficient. Not optimal. Wrong.

Your mixed ele squad SHOULD be made up of Mariela, Holia, Feeva, Lauda and 1 x choice from Nagid/Solos/Ilm/Chloe.

But, okay, fine. If you don't want to take that advice and want to stick with your existing squad instead, then at least drop Ilm and go with Mariela instead. Mariela, Eriana, Chloe, Feeva, then that last slot where you have Rouche. And replace Rouche ASAP once your squad cost allows.

See, it's important that you have access to Mariela's lead skill for hard boss fights. It's your best boss-kill LS and you're not using it... doesn't make sense.

You ideally also want Holia because of her UBB, but whatever, I'm repeating myself by now.
    Zeek is for mono dark squads. Not good. Soleil is max 7* with no Omni Evo. But is considered a useful non-Omni. Can be used for fast farming build - 1x Soleil + multiple copies of Mifune, this works 'cause Soleil and Mifune animations are quick so it saves you real-world time when auto farming, esp. vortex stuff. Can also use 5* unevolved Soleil to start off in Summoner Mode.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  10. Gun Axsassin

Gun Axsassin Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Jiradui
    Leader:
    Chloe
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Ah okay, some misunderstanding there then, sorry.

Yeah, figured I switched out Ilm for Mariela, still deciding on whether Kira would be a viable replacement for Lauda if I'm really switching off Chloe for now, since my Feeva can do the BB Gauge filling, Holia and Nagid are still 7*s so I'm leaving Eriana alone for now.

I am working on a Lord-type Mifune with +40% Def from an Elgif (hopefully he doesn't die too fast when I add him in the squad) who I will use as a nuker in replacement of Rouche since I already have Chloe and Eriana for mitigation.

11. Gun Axsassin

Gun Axsassin Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Jiradui
    Leader:
    Chloe
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I just grabbed Zelnite from the UoC, gonna equip with Thief's Jewel.

Is he eligible in any way for the squad?

12. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Zelnite's pretty good but isn't a one to one direct replacement for anyone in suggested squads.

You will want to raise Zelnite anyway, use Zelnite lead for easy autobattle content. And set Zelnite as one of your three units friends can use as friend lead. Mainly for account XP gain lead skill. More levels, more energy bar, more level up rewards, etc.