Vesti (ugh fine Bestie) Batch Review

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Eleiryn, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Whenever we get the release data, sure thing! I'm pretty excited for Ciara myself. Pls gimu make her be good.

2. Sakura_Samurai

Sakura_Samurai

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Tridon/Claire
    Thank You! I somehow saved my semira instead of selling her so lets hope for an op Semira. i can totally see her being like Kafka except better :3 Excited for this 7* group, because Ciara is so awesome and i have semira. thanks!

3. Leonhart

Leonhart

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai/Zelnite/Elza/Sirius
    Currently Playing:
    God Eater 1/2
    Imba necro, just got Vernil, went to read if he's any good.......but wtf.
    At least Kotatsu and Vesti will be put to some good use.

4. Eleiryn

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Did EU fix the ailment reflect bug? The thing where his reflect can pierce boss immunities? JP/GL both got it on release, curious if EU did too.

In general tho while this is certainly old and somewhat tinged by global exclusive stuff, Vernil is alright, I'm not 100% fluent in EU exclusives but I don't think there are a lot of BB mod buffers there yet aside from Lava so Vernil definitely has his uses. Kinda expensive SBB though.

...Kind of ironic that his best usage is raid, though, and well... EU. I think you'll be able to get some decent use out of him for the time being though.

Vesti/Bestie is a great unit though for sure and captain slamurai is a great arena lead.

Phobius and Leonhart like this.
  5. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Juno-Seto/Randolph/Zeruiah
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    Vernil is a good unit. High innate SBB mod (650%), 50% Spark damage ES, 200% BB ATK buff, and ailment application on receiving damage. Very solid unit and can be a really good fit if you need those specific buffs and you also want high damage from a unit.

At least Vernil isn't Reis, where Reis lasted a whole 5 seconds in Global before Griff came along and broke his dreams into animal cracker crumbs.

Also, Nemethgear is good for 1TKO shenanigans.

[​IMG]

Eleiryn likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai/Zelnite/Elza/Sirius
    Currently Playing:
    God Eater 1/2
    I will test it as soon, as i evolve him to 7*.

Reis didn't even lasted a second in EU for two reasons:
    - EU exclusive Avalon Arthur (released 3-4 MONTHS AGO, somewhere in December)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3x79fw/reveal_6_arthur/
    - My friend reported that he is bugged and does not buff Crit.chance. Can't confirm this, since i don't have Reis.

7. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Juno-Seto/Randolph/Zeruiah
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    I'd take that unit paired with the new Juno unit here on Global for the chance to have her SBB proc twice for that sweet revive action. Lots of potential for abuse in Global if Arthur was released here. I can only imagine what would happen if you put Arthur, Ravenna/Gildorf/Nyami, and a few 40+ hit units in play and attempted to get two hard Sparks out of Ravenna/Gildorf/Nyami. You'd probably be able to (with luck) OTK a lot more stuff. It might take a while to get a "lucky" run, but once you did, well....Game over, man. Game over.

8. Phobius

Phobius Eukleia

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur, Magena, Llewxam, Ark, Libra, Lucius
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    With his dick
    Can you please define what Raid stands for? We, EU players have no idea what that is... What about GQ? No idea what's that either :confused:

Edit: Would you slot in a BC buffer like Feeva into the squad even if you were using Bestie as lead? Mainly for trials. I usually end up with a free spot for a nuker/other role. Wondering if a BC buffer would be a bit overkill.

9. Eleiryn

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Honestly, it depends a lot on the content.

In general - BC gen varies a little by content - but even in the hardest RC6 shit, you can get by with ~2-3 out of BC on hit, BC%, BC on spark, Ares. Which you pick doesn't really matter. I usually do BC on spark+BC% and ignore BC on hit personally, with Ares showing up when it can.

Really it depends on your team.

BC% and Ares have huge synergy - Ares is kinda meh alone, but together they make for extremely safe and reliable BC gen that massively outperforms BC on spark when things go wrong. BC on spark relies HEAVILY on, well, sparking, and after massive BB drains you may not be able to spark BBs very well, which can lead to you getting fucking rekt very fast. BC on hit is useless/unneeded in many scenarios and (in my experience) in very difficult content the BC drains tend to happen at the end of the turn so BC on hit doesn't do much to counter them, but some fights, especially midgame (RC4-5) you DO want BC on hit to counter the minor drains that happen regularly.

In the end, you just do whatever it takes to be able to spam SBB consistently. There's some misconceptions about BC% not being viable in hard content, it totally is and personally I PREFER it over most alternatives, but it never hurts to have multiple sources of BC gen and depending on your team's hitcounts/sparking and the content's gimmicks, you may be fine with BC on hit+BC on spark+Ares, BC% + BC on spark... etc etc. It's a personal thing to some degree.

To answer your question directly, I used a LOT of Feeva for a long time, situationally Claire as well. Huge spark blanket + nice BC% is a great combo. Whether or not it's NECESSARY is the question. I personally slot just enough survivability and sustain into my squads and then go damage from there, and Global has Zeruiah, so for me it usually ends up being BC% and then a BC on spark lead, ignoring Ares (unless I'm using Lucius) and BC on hit (unless I'm using Paris, which is relatively often, but it very rarely actually does anything for me).