Vilanciel Notes

Discussion in 'Summoner Mode' started by Eleiryn, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Yarwood

Yarwood Archgod

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Galtier, ??? (Zelnite #2 coming soon)
    Level:
    4XX
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    games with your heart
    11/10 guide, extra point for electric boogaloo reference.

So I'm thinking Kanon might be a better option for Doge-EX than Layla or Eclise, is that right? I really am using the HoT and null-status Layla as a crutch a lot, though..

2. SingSong

SingSong Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Request Me
    Leader:
    Depends on current Meta
    Level:
    Find x | x = 0/0
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FE:Fates, DoTa2, Overwatch, Fate/Grand Order
    Kanon does help more in the Doge-EX because his typing is better so he can survive it better than Eclise and Layla can. Kanon doesn't have a heal however, so bringing a spear summoner would help a lot with another HP restoring unit (Or Pamela. She does very well)

Eleiryn likes this.
  3. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Hmmmm, if anyone is having problems in the 2nd map, then good news from JP's next maint:
    • Balance of 3rd Arc
      • Increase of Summoner EXP from some quests in Bectas and Vilanciel
      • Increase of Summoning Arts EXP from all quests in Vilanciel
      • Increase of Weapon EXP from all quests in Bectas and Vilanciel
      • Reducing the battle difficulty of some quests in Bectas and Vilanciel:rofl:
    • The equipped Items tab in 3rd Arc to be separate from the previous arcs.
    On the other hand, if your looking for a challenge, might need to complete them within the next two months or so.:p
    Jup, Alim is definitely polishing this arc and I feel no rush to spend most of my energy here atm.

Drew05 likes this.
  4. Drew05

Drew05 Legend

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sirius
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Time to go hard in summoner mode 0.0 I'm not about that easy life

MrSako and Beyond Z like this.
  5. Otatonhcet

Otatonhcet Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Adriesta Omni, Galtier Omni, Fang & Fei Omni
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    For Honor and The Dark Souls Games
    So should I use mizerka instead of limera?

6. Skipper

Skipper Aether

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark,Lauda,Kalon,Skipper
    Level:
    (313) 39 in summoner mode
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Where the heck do i get northstar water? I have 7 and don't even know where did i get it

7. Henshen

Henshen Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (in the works; Avant/Zero/Kyo currently)
    Level:
    400+ (SM:100)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Devo- Whip It
    It should be a common boss drop from Vilanciel stages.

Currently gaining mine (though have no use for it due to mantle ls sphere) as a side effect of grinding "Hellish Avalanche" in "Gallum Ice Ridge".

Skipper likes this.
  8. Skipper

Skipper Aether

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark,Lauda,Kalon,Skipper
    Level:
    (313) 39 in summoner mode
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    well i needed to craft the blood ls sphere cause i'm not touching the ex dungeons until i'm ready, and i found out a place to farm them so kinda late. thanks anyway

9. Otherwise

Otherwise Lantern

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Juno, Ensa, Zeruiah
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Elly's setup for Doge EX with a level 40 Spear Summoner/Sword friend with Lupine cleared first try with no items needed. In case the feedback helps. Here's hoping the time spent grinding Thunder doesn't now go to waste.

Eleiryn likes this.
  10. Scrubbius Maximus

Scrubbius Maximus Slumber God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Shion/Shion/Shion
    Level:
    404 and increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    damnit i still have trouble clearing the Doge EX.. partially because im using 6* pamela/mira and their stats kinda suck

despite my summoner being OPaf =(

3rd arc nerf soon please... i do not want to be having this huge element inbalance where thunder is lv25 and 3 elements are effectively stuck at lv1..

11. shadowflare

shadowflare Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zeruiah/Rain/Avant
    Level:
    480+ (IGN: Jeffy)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon GO
    I know it's tempting to use 6 star units with a decently leveled up element, but I personally would advise against it. The stat and BB fill reduction are still too steep for 6 star or higher, hopefully they will relieve that with the next map/summoner update.

Case in point: I used 5 star Pamela and Lin for Doge EX and easily beat it on the first try. For the second EX, I used 5 star Pamela and 4 star Sera. I briefly tried to use 6 star Mira (60% BB fill at Level 25 Thunder), but I could only use BB every 4-5 turns even with good BB boosting/reduction spheres. 4 star Sera has BB fill of 100% (even at Level 1 Water), so you can use her BB much more often, making it much easier to manage HP.

So, I'd suggest trying to use 5 star units for elements that you have leveled up and 4 star units for those elements that you haven't touched yet (100% stats and 100% BB fill for 4 star units even at Level 1).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Scrubbius Maximus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Shion/Shion/Shion
    Level:
    404 and increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I didnt choose to use 6* units; the only other pamela i have is at 7*.
    Mira was raised when i obtained her...
    Yeah i know the stat reduction n ares debuff are ridiculous, but my spheres have hopefully compensated for that. I can sustain BB-casting once every 3 turns with health codex'es.

The alternatives i have at 5* are Libera, Layla, Eclise, Dolk, Astall... all of whom had exploded less comfortably than the 6* Pamela/Mira. As it is now, im trying to grind my thunder element past lv25 while other elements are at lv10+. My only gripe is bout how weak my units are in comparison to my summoner now =(
    >> I stand with almost 10k HP and pretty good HoT with my spear ES

PS: i have not done Sera's GQ yet, and probably wouldnt do so while XP event ongoing.

13. shadowflare

shadowflare Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zeruiah/Rain/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon GO
    I had BB fill issues with Beiorg's Armor/Health Codex on my 6 star Mira, maybe replacing BA with a stat sphere that helps BB gauge also will help? (Demonic Regalia, Phantom Gizmo, etc)

For the 5 star units, I would personally choose Layla for healing/BB fill/status clean and Dolk for mitigation. You could also use Eclise instead of Layla, adding Light element to attack via Eclise's BB will help with the second EX boss.

Sera's GQ is super easy and only takes one run, going through the dialogue is much longer than the actual battling lol. I think it's worth it tho, she's definitely useful in the second map (especially since she has an elemental advantage to the second EX boss).

Scrubbius Maximus likes this.
  14. Exarion

Exarion Athena

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai/Avant, Ark
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Urban Rivals, Eredan ITCG
    Just a little question : when is a second unit unlocked in the squad? I saw people using 2 of their units but I can only use one...
    Does it depend on the summoner level (I am only lvl 35 :( )?
    Does it depend on the element level (my thunder element is at the lvl 30)?
    Thx.

Edit : I forgot to precise but I cleared the second map. I'm trying to clear the EX dungeons of the second map but it's too hard and I saw a lot a people clearing them with 2 units while I just can use only one unit...
    In the squad management, only 1 slot is free, the three others have a red cross.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  15. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    You should get it unlocked when you beat 7-5. If you have the EX dungeons unlocked, you should have your second unit slot unlocked.:confused:

16. Exarion

Exarion Athena

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Ok. So I'm going to open a ticket for Gumi because I have 3 slots with a red cross and only one available, so my second unit slot is not unlocked.
    With only 1 unit, the EX Dungeons of the second map are too difficult.

17. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Are you a 100% sure you have cleared Defiled Soul? Try switching between different squad slots in summoner mode.
    Ya might need to give Gumi screenshot proof or something.

18. Exarion

Exarion Athena

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Of course I cleared Defiled Soul this morning. I got Great Sword (and I hesitate to work on it instead of Brave Sword...). But the issue is solved now. A friend of mine told me to restart the game to have the second unit slot unlocked (he had the same issue than me and Gumi told him to restart the game after having beaten Defiled Soul, what I didn't do).
    So I restarted the game and now it's ok :)
    I destroyed the Divine Wolf and I crafted Lupine Mantle :D It's far easier with a second unit^^
    I tried the second EX dungeon but I got destroyed... I need to read some guides. If a mono-water squad is highly recommended, I will do it later. I'm only interested in the gem.
    Sorry for the disturbance :)

19. Scrubbius Maximus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Shion/Shion/Shion
    Level:
    404 and increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Use the same team you did for the divine wolf. And pray alittle to RnGeus. Cures are recommended cause he does this attack to lower HP to 1 every now and then seemingly based on a timer. HoT/healing are great for this. I beat mine with 6* Pamela/Mira & Spears.

The boss gains add-dark element at some point of time and bashing him with light can remove it. But in return, your unit may die before he takes sufficient damage.

20. shadowflare

shadowflare Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zeruiah/Rain/Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon GO
    It's possible without a mono-water squad, but it makes life a lot easier when taking it on. I beat it with 3 of my 4 units being Water elements (despite my primary element being Thunder):

Spear Summoner with SBB (Water)
    Great sword friend Summoner with SBB (Water)
    5* Pamela (max imped with Beiorg's Armor/Projection Device)
    4* Sera (max imped with Beiorg's Armor/Health Codex)

The combination of HoT and Sera's BB were able to keep my team healthy and could clean poison/curse relatively easily. I think that Sera is worth getting from the GQ if you haven't beaten the second EX boss yet.

Also from what I understand, the Summoner Lab Lvl 2 upgrade brought enemy nerfs to the second map (which I believe also includes the EX bosses). If I was able to beat it with minimal issues pre-nerf, I'm sure that it'll be even easier post-nerf. :)

It does this attack on turns that have a multiple of 5 (5, 10, 15, 20, etc), and cannot knock units out using it (leaving units at 1 HP). Luckily, it doesn't follow it up with any subsequent attacks to KO units. I have found that guarding reduces the amount of damage dealt by the attack. Personally, I think guarding every 5th turn and leaving your units with around 40-50% HP is better than trying to heal from 1 HP.