Well I have an awkward issue

Discussion in 'Summoner Mode' started by Ninetale3, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Ninetale3

Ninetale3 Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Fei and Fang
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Okay so my problem is coming down with the great sword. The problem being that I know that the SBB is bad on it. However, I am mostly using it with my lights. I have quite a few light tri stat buffers that it would feel like I don't even need the other weapons. The only other weapon that would seem helpful in my comps would be Scythe or gun. I don't have Scythe. and guns are gonna be outclassed by my units already, Especially once slot three becomes available. (I have a decent spear level as well though it's mainly for my water comps)

So I have to ask. Should I max out great sword, or try to get Scythe asap and level that? Though getting the scythe will probably be SGX all over again for me. It would be another round of hitting my face to the wall.

2. Scrubbius Maximus

Scrubbius Maximus Slumber God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Shion/Shion/Shion
    Level:
    404 and increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I'd say Scythe.

Personally i think Spear is the best weapon by far; the defensive purposes it serves simply outweighs everything else imo

3. Ninetale3

Ninetale3 Duelist

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Fei and Fang
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Welp, if scythe is a better option. I will go and get it. Time for another exciting round of finding videos guides to work off of side by side.

I do admit spear is the best defensive option. Just that I can make a comp that does what the spear does better for me. I am still gonna be using in my lesser types though because yay, no healer on fire.

4. Hhb

Hhb Emperor

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant, Ark, Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Battle.net games, osrs
    Yeah, the great sword is good to level for the extra skill at least, but if you're lacking healers for certain elements the scythe will come in handy when you get it. One of the weapon skills increases HC on BB and that should help out with the healing. But it also has burst heal on SBB when you get it to 20. I agree with Scrubbius that the spear is really good, but most people also use it so adding variety on your own is beneficial to have more options open to yourself.

Fortunately I believe the scythe is easier to get than the mantle. It is a longer fight but once you figure it out it isn't too bad. If you have any questions shoot me a message, I'd be happy to help you out!