EU What does EU need?

Discussion in 'European Server' started by Khaotil, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Khaotil

Khaotil EU Guardian Moderator

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Heinrich 7* - Herald of Yggdrasil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Greetings everyone!
    Today, I want to talk about some serious matter. No-one here can say that BF RPG is in a good shape, right now. Delays, glitchs in the communication with the community, debatable choices...
    So, I want you, every single one of you, to list here what are, in your opinion, the 10 most important things that EU needs right now.
    I don't want answers like "moar content". Be specific. Explain why if you think it is necessary. Only list things that are realistic (may it be technically, or financially). If possible, arrange them in order of importance.

I hope to make, with this thread, something really clear and representative of the real community's expectations, that gumi EU could consider and use.

I'll make my own list soon, but feel free to share your own!

2. Leonhart

Leonhart

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai/Zelnite/Elza/Sirius
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch [3350 newb]
    Here's my biased opinion:

#1 - At least 1 Frontier Hunter per month. We are FAR BEHIND in terms of FH with other servers.
    #2 - Monthly content update. No, 2 Ultimate Dungeons in 3 months is NOT a content update. We didn't got one since December. It's time for Trial 007, Karl/Seria/etc EX trials and other things.
    #3 - Don't touch/don't nerf original Japanese designed units, you don't have rights to do so. You are Gumi, not Alim. Not sound offensive, just pointing out that you see things differently.
    #4 - Change official forum server platform, it's downtime is 95%. <- They will change forum platform on March,10.
    #5 - Arena should be changed/speed'd progress up or something, right now it's not really viable.
    #6 - Where is Grand Quest? Where is Grahdens/Karl/Seria/Paris/Lugina, where's other items for units Extra Skills? In terms of time, Grand Quest should be here around 6-8 months ago. What is the reason to delay it? This already ruined experience for many people, since 6* Grahdens/Paris/Lugina/Karl/Seria was quite a good units at the time, when they was released in other servers. And right now, even if they 6* is released -> they are already outdated and pretty much useless(except for Grahdens). I can't stress this enough.
    #7 - Collaboration events with capturable units. (Hatsune Miku 6*, Deemo 6* or similar)
    #8 - ??? TBD
    #9 - ??? TBD
    #10 - Raise Elie's monthly salary. Seems like this guy covered you a COUPLE of times, be it filler events or something other.

Note : this talk is only about bad things in EU, we have a bunch of good things too.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  3. iCantPlayDiz

iCantPlayDiz Heavenly Judge

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Meta Leaders
    Level:
    42x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF EU / Overwatch / Hearthstone
    Well for starters...Look at the topic title again xD

As for what I want in BF EU....

1. Frontier hunter every month. Simply because its a steady flow of gems for F2P, something to do, and getting FH rank maxed out (currently at HR 31 orso?..)
    2. LEGACY UNITS. As an "old" player I have most of the legacy units by now. They will bring a diversity to my unit pool that I currently do not, nor cannot have. So please give me some of them Legacy units please.
    3. GrandQuest. They are long overdue. Period.
    4. 7 Stars Valhalla / Mirror batch. I have a feeling they are being put at a later date continously. Just get them over with.
    5. Sphere House upgrade --> BECAUSE
    6. Synthesis House upgrade --> ^^^^^
    7. Raid. It's been promised for a while now. I even halted my guide, because I feel that it will be too long for it too arrive. It also gives something else to do!
    8. Content. Because honestly, I have no clue what to spend my energy on at this point. The new Demon Maps would be nice to spend my Energy on, get some gems and explore more of the storyline.
    9. The Random Rule Arena stuff / More Arena Points. It's very very tedious ranking up in Arena now. It could be slightly faster
    10. Most importantly --> Better communication from staff. I can deal with all the others not being here "fast", but communication is so so important. I often feel "left out" which is not a good thing.
    - Mirage

0v33t1, Akumu and Arkaurus like this.
  4. Arkaurus

Arkaurus Gleam

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur (B) Herald (A) Magena (G) Heinrich (A) etc.
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Well, this potentially could be a wonderful way to let Gumi know exactly what we'd like to see, so grats for the idea @Khaotil

1. Updates on the state of work, and yes, i mean even failures! I'd like more to know "hey, Raid isn't coming out sooner due to a major failure with the italian traduction" (just as an example, don't believe that's the real reason) instead of making us wait impatiently (still i don't get why the beta was closed that soon...)
    2. As @Leonhart said (damn, i could have copied at least 3 or 4 of your suggestion!) don't nerf original content (both on the cost side and the difficulty), it's true that we have now units too strong to make the original content a real challenge, but please don't forget about those who didn't pull a single exclusive (for any reason) and that would have an even more difficult content to confront (i know what i'm saying, one of my best friend irl only has the farmable exclusives :p), greating a bigger gap between those who have said units and those who don't have them. Instead create your challenging content (the ultimate challenges, the exclusive trials, are all great ideas!)
    3. Try to make the game a little more f2p friendly, maybe introducing a new system where you can sell dupes for gems instead of merit points (and i mean 1-2 gems per unit based on his rarity.. like 2 gems for 7* and/or exclusives, 1 gem for the other rs units), this could turn the evocation of a dupe unit in something less painful (but still it's just a suggestion, if for any reason that i'm not seeing right now this could be a bad thing i'm more than willingly to know it and to change my position on this topic!)
    4. You are definitely already aware of this, and probably you are even already working on it (judging from how faster the FH rewards were distribuited) but you should work on a system to send the prizes for every event (summoning event, farming event and so on) as soon as possible. If i decide to summon 5 times to receive the guaranteed unit, i expect to be able to use it soon, and sometimes the delay is quite frustrating
    5. Whenever you decide to start an event, try to give the players some time to prepare for it... if the event start at 4 pm, and i know it only at 2pm is likely that i already used my energy, so i'm ad a disvantage towards those who's energy is filled
    6. Introduce the random rule system in arena, or another system (maybe an exclusive one? i love exclusive things!) to increase the points collected every orb, as it currently is there are times when i only find players who will give me 200 points (sweet), but mostly players who will give me 10 points... and reaching the top prizes 10 points after 10 is going to be reeeeeeeeeally long.
    7. Give all your exclusives a 7*, no discrimination!
    8. Introduce the possibility to attempt the ultimate challenges, after clearing them, at 0 energy cost (of course with no drops available, i'm not that greedy). Whenever the game is in a stall phase i like to attemp old trials with different and weird teams, and i'd like to be able to do the same in a mirrored mode (also to help people who still didn't beat them ^_^)
    9. Raids, GQ, GGC, Maps, Trials... the sooner the better, we really need something new! And since i usually love to be able to play with my units, i'm more interested in GQ than in Raids actually, but the first one was never annunced, differently for the latest, so please take in consideration that i'm sure i'm not the only one..
    10. Last but not Least, give Elie a medal... through all the tomatoes of a "forgotten" past, and the complaining of this time, the guy is doing a great job and it's actually one of the few reason i still have hopes for this server... gg @Croash

All of this was JUST my opinion, so if you don't like some of the suggestion, you are free to do it and i won't blame you :)

5. darnok

darnok Karma Killer

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arturus Rex
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Tower of Saviors
    1. Just better execution. If you look at the Chronicles of the Future, Gumi actually has wonderful ideas. Unfortunately it seems they don't have the manpower to execute it. I would propose to Gumi, less ambition and more focus on getting the existing content from other servers out.
    2. More focus on testing and bug fixing. This is less sexy than adding new features or new units in the game, but no matter how cool the new stuff is, people won't play it if it's riddled with bugs.
    3. Being more willing to consult and take feedback from the community. It seems that every other week, Gumi takes a decision that just stumps the playerbase. Putting out their plans early, getting feedback, and acting on that feedback would hopefully reduce this kind of situation. It doesn't even have to be the whole community - but at least a small group of trusted beta testers should be in tune with Gumi's future plans to provide Gumi with a player's perspective.
    4. In principle, I actually like the idea of rebalancing old content. But as stated in point 1, this seems too ambitious. It would take a lot of effort and energy to get it right. Maybe not coding effort, but game design isn't all coding. In my view this should be a lower priority until more urgent problems are fixed.
    5. So what are the more urgent problems? Raid and GQ. In principle, these are already working on other servers, so it seems to me that Gumi needs to take a long hard look at the mirror to figure out why they can't get it working yet.
    6. Use more automation and scripting. It's ridiculous that contest leaderboards aren't automated. This is just automated reporting of server data, there is no impact on the game whatsoever. Slightly less ridiculous is the time it takes for rewards to be sent out. Ok, a bug in the script can cause problems (and it has in the past!) but please try to improve your scripts.
    7. Never, ever, nerf. Psychologically, players just hate it. The same result can be achieved by buffing the content, or by buffing other units in the game. Just stay away from nerfs.
    I might edit my post later to add some more. I'm sure there's more things I want Gumi to do :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Akumu likes this.
  6. De-So

De-So Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Predator Empress Magena
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Magic: The Gathering, Force of Will
    Shouldn't it be "What does EU need"?
    Sorry, my inner Grammar nazi...

Most important would be:
    - Don't try to compete with global or JP.
    There is no need to rush batches or Exclusives, for most people simply can't affort that much Rare summons in a short time... well maybe some Facebook bragging kiddies... but those suck █████!
    - It is okay to wait for stuff, as long as it doesn't acumulate and gets released in one big blow, followed by another waiting period.
    - Use the feedback from players. (Allready on a good way(y))
    When people complain about rates, you gave them some of the best rates up events. But there are things that the comunity is still complaining(For instance, the unneccesary nerfing of some units).
    - Try to keep the ballance between Difficulty and unit strength.
    The mirror Avalon dungeon is too hard for Players without Magena, Arthur and Vivane (Having at least one of them was the only way to beat it without the soft-reset exploit). Those 3 combined, however can simply devastate Modred.
    - Tell us if something is going wrong.
    The release of Grand Quest is delayed and nobody told us why. If there is a delay, just tell us what happened. Most of the players (exept for the german community) would understand and be patient.

I think of 5 more to post:D

Holy Sefia, 0v33t1 and iCantPlayDiz like this.
  7. Akumu

Akumu Eurynomos

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    IS-2m(fated), Zelnite
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF EU, Panzer Waltz, Path of Exile
    I'd like to add a few things too, but since most of the useful stuff has been mentioned earlier, i won't repeat them (FH, GQ, Raid, trials, arena revamp, etc).

1. I'd like to mention a few things about client stability. My app crash-loops almost every single time i try to start BF, and i have to use pseudo-refresh to even log in into the game. It really, really annoys me, i must spend at least 5 minutes to even login into the game, and have to be careful that BF won't eat tons of my mobile traffic with initiated game file refresh. Please, do something about it. Also, occasionally (though rarely) client crashes midgame (on the start of quest\vortex, somewhere on arena, etc). I haven't found catalyst for client crash, sadly.

2. UI improvements. Its nothing special and i think it goes along with update, but having some useful stuff would be nice. Namely, it is:
    - checking unit stats and buffs in battle (by holding tap on them);
    - sending preferred gifts with one tap;
    - in vortex, for example, in mecha dungeon, before selecting which one dungeon, you see how much mechas you've captured (for example, before selecting light mecha dungeon, you can see how much light mechas you've captured);
    - in town, in "Items" menu, add "Synthesis" button;
    - if that is possible, make it so that sound effects can play without turning visual efffects on. No big deal, but that would be nice. When you're turning BB effects off, you also turn off respective sound effects.
    - in far future, macro system and autobattle with SBB sequence you selected.

3. Please do not forget about Frontier Gate. It would be awesome if we could have next FG and one EU-exclusive(no mirror please... or rather, aw well, mirrored one is fine too).

4. Might be useful to check here too: http://www.bravefrontierforum.net/threads/the-idea-thread.66568/

5. Exclusive units. Its been stated quite a few times already, but here it is once again. I would like to add on this, if this way works, please give 7* to all exclusives in a long run. With GGC for some of them.
    If design department might feel generous, they maybe even can make some other cosmetic changes(not only colour scheme, but something more). Imagine 'old' Kael'Thas Sunstrider with three orbs in original release, and in two or four in 'new' re-release. Something like that. But i'm getting ahead of myself.

6. Player might have been salty about this, but UC's is good. Please, keep 'em up. Actually, i think this point is compatible with #5.

7. Make exclusive unit styled and named after Ellie. He must be non-RS one. Probably one-time rescuable from some GQ. Oh:
    :fire:Community Manager Ellie (6*)
    LS 'Community Management'
    BB 'News posting'
    SBB 'Players feedback'
    (stats and LS\BB\SBB are subject to further change)
    on evolution\fusion:
    UBB " Soon!™ "

8. BF are currently somewhat lacking in replayability. Global kind of solved this with FG\CA\Elgif grinding (if i get it right), and we need something like this, but different. Though i won't object if we would have CA too.

9. Make exclusives summonable at any time in RS gate. I think it will be wonderful. Allow me to elaborate. Perhaps make them appear on lower rate during usual rate-ups, and disable them during step-up. Because waiting two months to get a next slight chance to get arthur and merlin is way too painful. Argument: GLO made theirs available to summon at any time, IIRC.

Thank you if you read that 'till the end,
    - Akumu

8. 0v33t1

0v33t1

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Me
    Level:
    200+
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XV
    This is the most brilliant idea ever! This needs to be a thing! :cool::rolleyes:

L0st_S0ul, Khaotil and llamabunbun like this.
  9. Haxxxxx

Haxxxxx Divine

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur, Magena, Aries, Capricorn
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    1) Randomly generated dungeon each day according to player lvl, different for eveyone each day. Would make squad building more fun and diverse and would be a good way to get a lot of xp bonus daily instead of fourfold pillar farming. This way people would use their units more and be familiarized with the ones they don't have. Also any other method of getting xp that's fun and not a chore (don't mind new costs but need better xp methods - even with new smp and xp vortex).
    2) Way more frontier hunt (twice a month would be tits).
    3) Not sure why this doesn't happen but would love to get rewards right after contests, FH step ups/ru etc. Srs edea still MIA wtf.
    4) Insta gather option and more sphere house/synthesis lvls.
    5) Raid and GQ updates, would love to know what's happening with that.
    6) Being able to make a team with spheres for arena that wouldn't take same sphere or units from your non pvp squads (separating pvp from pve squads/spheres). Also being able to tell how much points you get from someone beforehand.
    7) buggfixes/ quality of life game improvements.
    8) Grindable capped gems/tickets per month. Minigame/pvp?
    9) GGC etc 0 energy once beaten much like trials.
    10) Place where you can test units and see diferent buff etc values (think they have something like that in jp and gl).
    11) gumi Ellie the man!

10. rokki_82

rokki_82 Kheiron

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    too many
    Level:
    400+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    meh .. you guys already posted nearly all my ideas -.-
    so i only got some adds
    1) everything the guys above me said
    2) triple HP events (or even higher .. global or japan get +80 points per friend lead and 2000 HP each day during SHS)
    3) SHS monthly again
    4) permanent reduced cost for metal parade .. i spent 3 keys today to realize that it's only guaranteed kings on SMP. after spending 60 energy for 2 rounds i quit due to uselessness. i didn't even run the regular for 15 energy since i ain't got no use for metal ghosts (who the hell needs those when we got tons of 6* and 7* units to level -.-). so my suggestion if you let it be as it is -> guaranteed god on SMP, small chance of capturing crystal (otherwise i won't ever run this thing again)
    5) remodel imp parade - remove ghosts, add a slightly higher chance of capturing arton.
    6) option to select a fixed arena squad + spheres which does not conflict with your regular team. so basically it functions like a save game: team #1 + spheres for farming, team #2 + spheres for FH, team #3 + spheres for arena and so on.
    7) mermion keys available every two weeks in merit shop (with the rebalance of the units this makes sense at least)
    8) lvl up campaign
    9) make a competition regarding ideas for EU exclusive arena mode - the person who's ideas got approved by devs and art director can design his own unit including skills (which needs also be approved by the staff ofc). after implementation he receives this unit for free. rest of community can receive this unit during special arena campaign or the like.
    10) add mystery frog to merit shop .. for 10k+ mp and available every two weeks like sphere frog

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Holy Sefia and Akumu like this.
  11. KoenDeDrummer

KoenDeDrummer Darkwalker

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    7* Libra, Capricorn, Magena
    Level:
    350+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF EU & Global, Super Smash Bros: Melee & WII U
    For now I only have tree ideas.

1) EU exclusive Quest map where the bosses are EU exclusive units only. With a themed farmable sphere inspired by every EU exclusive batch. A capturable 7* unit from the last Quest of the map (low droprate like Zurg and co) + an extra dungeon with a guarenteed 7* unit drop and a gem / sphere frog and EU exlusive sphere as reward.

2) Add EU exlusive spheres (.......... + all stats +15%) and more sphreres in general (high arena rank spheres) to the Achievement Store. Because right now we have a shit ton of MP, but can't really spend them on anything, besides Artons / Emperors and most people probably have room left for Sphere frogs / imp keys and that blue key.

3) The craftable spheres from the Town are absolutely 100% shit, even the recently released spheres that match a certain Quest map. Make them "exclusive" and powerful, but not retardedly OP (because they're farmable afterall). This way we will have a lot of shit to do.

4) A feature that allows to give an unit in squad A spheres x and y, and at the same time in squad B spheres f and g. So you don't have to switch around all the time.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  12. LordMg

LordMg Warlord

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Amadeus
    Level:
    240+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Optimization. And maybe it should be less boring.

13. Sky King Zazamus

Sky King Zazamus Diablo

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    whatever i feel like using
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier RPG
    We need...

Collaboration dungeons + capturable unit (Hatsune miku/Deemo/other/new?) It kills time and u can play the shit out of it just because the amazing soundtracks, also collection purposes and can help f2p strenghten up a bit (im waiting miku ;))

2: like mentioned we need mystery frogs in the merit shop in my opinion 5k and one frog a month, i mean to wait almost a month for shs with low possibility to get one it would be very kind to at least b able to buy one ;3

3: im gonna mention the 3minute energy refill just for the f**ks :3

4: also mentioned before but The communication can be improved alot, at least on mondays of like how the week looks and/or how the month is planned.

5: preferable gift button aswell as a rise in gift value ( like 1k/1,5k zel,karma, 2/3 everything else and 20 hp)

6: i also agree that they could atleast make it so the exclusive shapeshifter/badlands are availiable in the rs gate, then Avalon on the other hand i dont know mayb very low rates?!

7: GQ/Raid/GGC Etc. Just because

8: be able to chat and challange ur friends like arena for fun and mayb eran some zel? And chat for makin friends/helping eachother and swappin lead

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  14. Gholayat

Gholayat Gleaming God

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Master Dean
    Level:
    305+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    AQ
    What does EU need right now?

Patch for iOS ^^

15. KoenDeDrummer

KoenDeDrummer Darkwalker

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    350+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Just don't smh

16. HopE-

HopE- Archangel

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sirius, Avant, Libra, Leo, Arthur, Magena
    Level:
    Currently Playing:
    Dota2 / Osu! /Darksouls
    and a button for the whole squad to defend :D

Lqqi and Peskie like this.
  17. KoenDeDrummer

KoenDeDrummer Darkwalker

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    350+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    We need this

18. Akumu

Akumu Eurynomos

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    IS-2m(fated), Zelnite
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF EU, Panzer Waltz, Path of Exile
    Me playing from my own device.

Delete these rants plz, mine included

19. sennybee

sennybee Thanatos

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Retired
    Leader:
    Retired
    Level:
    Over 9000
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Skyrim, Euro Truck Simulator 2,
    More staff and resources. That's the only way we'll get more content in a shorter time frame.

20. KoenDeDrummer

KoenDeDrummer Darkwalker

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    350+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Ain't happening, if that was possible they woulda done that by now. They need more players before they can hire new people. Hiring new people won't get them more money, that'll only make them lose money.