Zedus and Andaria review.

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by RainyRai, Sep 23, 2015.

1. LunarEmerald

LunarEmerald Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai, Rain
    Level:
    700+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Raid is easy. I'm referring to trials

2. Pulsate

Pulsate Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Rain/Long/Durumn/Zeis (soon)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Competitive Gears of War 4 (Xbox)
    Do you actually use a leader with no HP% or BB sustain in Trials and just pure damage ? Does it work ? :eek:

3. popsdanny25

popsdanny25 Sage

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Uda
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    So I have Zedus lead- Quaid (elemental damage)- Zeldues (BB Mod+Def+Mitigate)- Aurelia (Def Conv-Status Cleanser/Negate)- and Alice (wish I had libera) for Attack Conv Buff+ Ares with usually an Ark Friend (LS Spark DMG and Buffer Jewel, ATK Buff/Fill). Im looking for suggestions for most balanced/damage output teams for ALL CONTENT. Any ideas???

4. LunarEmerald

LunarEmerald Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai, Rain
    Level:
    700+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    The only hp lead you need is Tridon.

Frank_man likes this.
  5. Tydas

Tydas Aether

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant,Gazia,Deimos,tridon,
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    what damage boost do you get from 50% elemental weakness boost?

6. Pulsate

Pulsate Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    How do you sustain BB (mitigator with 25 BC/turn from spheres aside) in trials with Tridon+Zedus lead ?

7. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Juno-Seto/Randolph/Zeruiah
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    You're missing some key things here, particularly with slot-efficiency. Zedus combines what used to be your Crit buffer and your Spark buffer into one unit. Andaria combines BC gen support and NULL/Cure Ails support into one unit. If L/D elemental retyping is all you need for a given encounter, you don't even need Quaid and can bring a unit like Krantz, Will, or Michele instead which is totally fine and very slot-efficient as well.

You're also missing the fact that Zedus offers triple the damage Zenia does as a leader, and you no longer need to slot Griff as a sub either.

It's also false to say that a 30% HP lead + Zenia is enough for RC5 raiding. It's not, at least not on the top end. Tridon as a sub helps a bit here but even then I've tried that strategy and still run into deaths.

Even if what you posit was true, you could still use a unit like Grandt opposite Zedus to push even MORE damage along with a higher overall ATK Down debuff chance, and still have a better chance at survival than Griff + Zenia.

Finally, while sometimes for farming body parts you do want to avoid bookoo crit damage, that's not every single encounter out there. Squad comps can always be altered to account for specific parameters, but overall Zedus offers such high amounts of damage you just can't ignore it, and that's even before considering the absolute plutonium-grade bomb that his UBB is.

Kristijan likes this.
  8. LunarEmerald

LunarEmerald Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai, Rain
    Level:
    700+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    4-7 bc on hit, 30% ares, 7 bc/turn, 30% bc drop rate. Where's the problem?

Kristijan likes this.
  9. HeroOfLightPKN

HeroOfLightPKN Phoebus

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Retired
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    New SBS units always do a great job reminding me how much of an asshole Centurion is...

Glad he cooperated and gave me 2 void chunks out of 3 orbs today...

Anyway, I wouldn't get overly concerned with Andaria until we see her sphere

I can tell you that don't use her in place of Bestie yet and then try to fight Centurion without a BC on hit, that was a dumb thing to do

That said I'm sure for MOST stuff she'll be fine, and some stuff maybe not, but that's why you have more then one party slot

10. Pulsate

Pulsate Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I dont compare him with Zenia I compare the whole setups ^^ and the only differences between both setups (for the same amount of slots) are listed above. In the end the only différence is some more damage vs some more surviviability.
    I actually dont die that much (revives are more than enough) in RC5 with Tridong sub :/
    I do have some contrib issues for fast quests like Nalda Delia as well due to laggy internet so I tend to optimize damage output as much as I can while staying alive ^^

11. Pulsate

Pulsate Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    You have a point there, I never had to use Ares in trials yet as I relied on Zenia friends (my only Ares unit is Griff)

12. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    The difference is that Zenia + Griff is not the same for survival as Zedus + Tridon. Zedus + Tridon offers double the survival and equivalent damage while also offering better slot-efficiency. That's my point, you're missing the entire benefit here, which is you do in two slots what you used to do in three or four (and with Andaria in the mix it's even better due to her dual role).

Kristijan likes this.
  13. Nosferahtu

Nosferahtu

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai, Ark, Zeruiah
    Level:
    400+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    awesome review, RIP my max imp Anima Griff...

how well would this squad work in RC5?(not farming parts just clearing it)(I dont have Libera/Krantz/Andaria/Edea)

Zedus lead
    Tridon friend
    Quaid
    Will
    Bestie
    Elimo

14. Pulsate

Pulsate Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    How is it more slot efficient when you have the exact same buffs for the same amount of spots overall ?
    The only différence I see between the 2 setups (assuming last 2 units are mitigator + whoever you want) are listed above and there are good reasons to use both of those :/
    Zedus doesnt do what Zenia AND Griff do, he does A PART of what Zenia does (no BC fill LS, 350% BB mod vs 80% more spark) AND à part of what Griff does (no Ares). The rest is covered by other units in the team. In the end, both squads have the same buffs. Mine has slightly more DPS while yours dies even less often than mine in RC5Q10 but in practice both work the same way tbh

15. LunarEmerald

LunarEmerald Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai, Rain
    Level:
    700+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Zedus - lead
    Tridon - friend
    Libera
    Krantz
    Andaria

You have one free slot and we've already covered all the major buffs

16. Pulsate

Pulsate Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I know
    Griff lead
    Zenia friend
    Libera
    Krantz
    Tridon
    Also gives me the same buffs and a slot left for Hadaron (because I love him)

Your setup is better for auto tho, no need to worry about status ailments as I dont have to BB with Krantz all the time and the added survivability makes auto battle less punishing in hard Raids

17. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    Again, your view is incorrect. A Tridon+Zedus squad deals more damage (due to slot efficiency allowing me to slot more damage buffs with the remaining sub slots I have left) and survives better than Griff + Zenia. You don't even have to bring Libera into the picture at all and can just run with Andaria. At that point you only need a mitigator and your last two units are anything you want them to be based on the opponent you face.

I won't even get into the shenanigans with survival you can pull off now with something like Tridon + Ark leaders and a Zedus sub.

The only actual argument you can make against a Tridon + Zedus team is BC generation for very BC-starved encounters, and in almost all cases that can be handled with appropriate sub unit choices while still offering superior damage to other squad comps.

18. kellojolly

kellojolly

Friend ID:
    Jollyboi
    Leader:
    Regil, Zeruiah, Rain, Silvie
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Once Lucius is out, since Lucius and Zedus clash as leaders but not as leader+sub, which combination do you think will be better?
    Lucius leader + Zedus sub
    Zedus leader + Lucius sub
    Also, when lucius is out do you think Zedus will still be god tier (only a what if question but would like to know your thoughts). Thanks for the review!

19. fafofafo

fafofafo Divine

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Tridon/Zedus/Michele/Gazia/Rhoa/Griff/Charla/Ciara
    Level:
    250+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon Showdown!!!
    but in zedus squad you can use that extra slot to make up the bb atk% youre losing from zenia, but in gliff squad you cant add more spark dmg... also Zedus UBB>zenias UBB on this set ups.

20. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    The answer is: Yes.

More precisely, Lucius as leader is going to be better for crit immune content or heavily crit-resistant content, whereas Zedus as leader will be better when the content doesn't feature such shenanigans. Either way, they're both great units and work well together overall.