Zedus and Andaria review.

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by RainyRai, Sep 23, 2015.

1. kappacoehn

kappacoehn Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ark
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Will provides bc hc drop, and HoT helps in sustaining raids run. And 35 Hit that is super good with spark blanketing

Michelle is the ideal go first unit since she crit buff and atk buff and element buff, so like... seriously she have absolutely no clash with zedus, who go last, and can't even say mediocre crit rate either when Michelle reaches 60 thanks to Zedus

2. Kristijan

Kristijan Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zenia, Griel, Bestie, Tridon, Ultor, Kira and more
    Level:
    214+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    you can basically put any bb mod buffer on that spot without much loss and you'll still have all buffs you can have in zenia teams with higher dmg. we're talking here about amazing fact that you can put somebody as tridon for second leader while INCREASING dmg output. the fact that you can squeeze bb mod into zedus+tridon team with having all most important buffs + much more is more potent that zenia setups - on paper. in reality zedus setups offer higher dmg with bigger protection at cost of bc production(bc on hit or crit), limited usage(crit resistant/immune bosses) and hadaron's single target offensive capability - all together is big deal for many raid quests. the quest/content you're facing will heavily determine what do you want to use but zedus brought plenty of possibilities to the table.

3. Michael+

Michael+

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Tridon, Quaid, Feeva, Zelnite
    Level:
    BC/HC drops are the least considerable things when I think of raid. For easy raids (everything outside of RC5-10 for me at this point), I don't even use a BC/HC buffer. Tridon is there for the insanity that is RC5-10, and Zenia's LS is frankly better for single target raid missions. Will's BC/HC drop is also on his BB, for which I will not manually activate for raid (it's enough of grind already). The only thing I will stop the auto for is Zenia's UBB or Ark's BB. Also, what do you mean Michelle doesn't clash? Her crit buff is made redundant and her fire retyping is made irrelevant if you are using Quaid. She then becomes 140 attack buffer and dark re-typer. I'd rather use Ark at that point who will at least allow me to target parts. Unless you want to use Hadaron, who brings another redundant crit buff.
    Placing a bb mod buffer in that slot that only offers bb mod is a loss though. Yes Zedus offers more damage at the cost of BC production, plus has that amazing attack down, plus is a better unit individually than Zenia (7k HP, plus Obsidian sphere is a pretty bad sphere, let's hope Spear of Zedus is better). I'm not saying Zedus is a bad unit...he's amazing. What I'm saying is he's being let down by the fact that there are no good bb mod units that offer multiple useful utilities, and occupying a unit spot that pretty much offers nothing but bb mod (the 3rd best offensive mod in the game after crit/spark so you're going to want it) is a waste of a unit space.

4. Kristijan

Kristijan Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    214+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    nothing but bb mod? are you serious? ~20% increase in dmg is "nothing but..." for you? and with vernil you get ailments extra which is useful on so many levels. that space is really efficient even if it's "nothing but" bb mod considering how much you already covered with first 5 units.

5. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    >no good bb mod units

>WILL.

Will will be important for RC6, and his SBB is still really good for the team.

6. Kristijan

Kristijan Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    214+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Will will willingly obey my will :rofl::rofl::rofl:

RainyRai and OXStrident like this.
  7. zerochilds

zerochilds Titan

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Burny
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier
    Seeing what I been forming from my team building effort. Zedus has a very significant role in the party. His LS is nothing to sneeze and makes me feel bad for my griff. (Griff never gonna be used again boohoo lul.) But zenia puts up a hell of a fight with that bb mod. Here's my only problem with it. If you use characters like lava and will you literally wouldn't be giving anything up so for me it's not enough to hold a perm spot in my squad anymore. Zenia ubb is godly but the thing that makes it so is that 1+ to normal hit. The 200% bb mod on the sbb plus the ubb (what is it 500% bb mod on the ubb? Correct me if im wrong) plus the major attack sounds major godly...until you're stuck on deciding whether you wanting your units to normal attack or attack with bb which then messes up damage for some odd reason. W/E the case I feel people sleep on the fact that Zedus (paired with his ubb+es) has now become like a 7 star maxwell. He holds the three of the biggest dmg components buffs in the game (critical, spark, ele weak dmg) and clears up more room for your team. Zenia for me will now really only be built with other units that have the "add +1 to normal attacks". Cause to be honest thats where most of that dmg comes from. I would love to see how zenia/ark with +1 attacks units compare to a duel Zedus squad. Though saying it out loud I feel like I would be wrong for comparing those two. They feel like 2 different dmg realms now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

8. Kristijan

Kristijan Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    214+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    you're right about two of them having different roles. while they both offer awesome dmg, i think(means i didn't calculate anything) that zenia+ark outperform zedus against single targets. But biggest difference where i see certain use of zenia over zedus(not including crit resistant/immune content) are for example trials where you have more than 1 enemy and you need to be really careful not to dmg one enemy while bursting down other quickly. Zedus with his flashy dmg combo is just not good for stuff like these. i'm sure there are other examples where you'd use zenia over zedus but if you want dmg no matter what(raid) then guess who's made for stuff like that. The thing i love about zedus is that now there probably won't be 25/50 zenia leaders in my friend list anymore but i'll maybe see 10 zeduses now and i like crit friends more :D

9. zerochilds

zerochilds Titan

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Burny
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier
    I'll agree that the zenia/ark single target dmg is probably supreme. But her uses on certain stuff (and lets clear the elephant in the room and say we're talking about harder in game content.) I still end up having a problem with. Let's say our situation is that we have to burst down 1 enemy while still damaging the others. Zenia just doesn't have enough upkeep over, let's say, single target unlim-Sbb characters like yuura UNLESS (note the big unless) ark isss there. Making her normal attack awesome. Her bb is nothing special honestly I'd rather have an atk buff or hc/bc buff but whatevs. But then we have to see what's happening here

>zenia as a unit starts becoming niche.
    The certain "she's super good for certain situations". And even then there are better alternatives units if you're that worried.
    And even then I dont think anyone would have a problem with damage if they just take it slow which they'll most likely being doing anyways. Especially if they have to do things like turn count or make sure gauges are filled etc etc. See the more we get on it the more the unit importance for perma spotting starts becoming smaller....and...smaller.
    Though that isn't to say she's a bad unit. She is still godly in her own right. I'm forever indebted to her for her pushing me through so much content in such a short time. But as far as standard team building goes/universal team building. Zedus has been given the tools to open more doors as far as how we building. I'm opt to say most of the global units do. I honestly wish more units were built like that. Could you imagine if andria, could not only cure and null ailments but pull a kafka and have a high chance of GIVING all ailments through attacking and being attacked?

That's pretty much what Zedus did. He covers your ass in criticals and spark! Two realms of dmg smush together into one unit. That's why he's gained a perm spot in my team lol.

10. Kristijan

Kristijan Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    214+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    You have a point there about zenia becoming one of non permanent units in team and that's what i like about zedus. No, zedus is not becoming one of the permanent units in team(well actually it's open for discussion). He removed that role from zenia and opened so much more space for different combos and he made other units more valuable. Sadly he greatly diminished value of some units(griff :( ) but number of units that got second chance is greater. I already said somewhere on forum that i'm great fan of niche units. I like the fact that i can use different units in different content so i don't feel like some of my unit summons are utterly wasted. Zedus did that to zenia and zenia is kind of doing the same thing to him.

11. Tygsgg

Tygsgg North Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avani
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Double Zedus is fun.
    [​IMG]
    (RC5-3 Claudalus after 2 turns).

Kristijan likes this.
  12. kainoa25

kainoa25 Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    So fun, like we need to ask for a nerf type of fun?

13. SacredShadows

SacredShadows Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    What ever floats my boat at the moment
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing: