Zedus/Andaria Review

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Eleiryn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. LeonD

LeonD Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Quaid/Selena/Sephia/Diana
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper
    OK. Check the thread. It's in this general discussion. The moderator posted it like that. I'm just conveying the message. I'm not speculating a damn thing here. If the mod is pulling out the ass that is completely separate from my copy and paste

And you, sir, can kiss my ass for being an uncalled for dick about it.

Title: Japan+Global New Unit Thread. Fucking stickyed for Christ's sake. Check op. Global spoiler reveal. It's right there. Not my words at all. Dick.

2. Juno Ariev

Juno Ariev Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Nadore, Krantz (Arena), occasional experiments
    Level:
    26x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon, Chain Chronicle, Monster Hunter 4U
    It's still unconfirmed information, and the data simply doesn't exist. Checking back, I see that post was edited to include data about the bow, but simply put: it doesn't exist yet. The only other explanation is that it was briefly was in the data and was pulled afterward, but no one has reported as much from any reputable source (or at all).
    So yes, that mod's post contains false info. Human error exists, so it's important to do research on your own.

Nightvayne283 likes this.
  3. LeonD

LeonD Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    And if you check my previous post. I said I wasn't sure how reliable it could be. I strive to be accurate as much as I can. If I don't know, I don't pretend to say this is the way it is. If I'm wrong, I simply want to know the right way of doing things. Like the auto battle thing. I honestly didn't know. Buffs like that aren't noticeable easily. The easy stuff to see (gauge boosts, cleanse, heal) happens slower and simply shows better. I filled in the blank and assumed all effects work the same. Im actually glad to be corrected when I'm wrong. It helps me become better.

And I'm sorry with my attitude from before. Coming off of a 15 hr work day.

But still. I can't imagine the mod fished it out of his/her ass. Had to come from some source thought reputable enough to include. Maybe it was the original idea and they wanted to tweak it. The general outline does intrigue me. An atk boost like that alone on 25 hit bb with arena type 2 makes her very, very potent there. And I think the general idea is, even in sub, Andaria WILL refill her shit for a follow up crack.

Wiki again (so no real trust there) says the farming material is in gq11. I'm already not sure because it says the other material is void chunk (just like the raid x2 spheres). Two different places? Hm...

4. 19jburner

19jburner Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I've seen Zedus do some shit, some real good shit. Please say Zenia is still shitting the best..

5. Ryax

Ryax Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    charla, chrome, Dolk, charles, tridon, gazia, ark,
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    So does that make and andaria better than feeva in terms of BC drop rate in battle?

6. th2ndchmst

th2ndchmst Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Bestie, Michele, Griff, Elimo, Melchio
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Dota 2, Pump it Up, Maimai, Cytus, Deemo
    From what I can see, Andaria has not a modifier for BC drop rate, but Ares and gradual BB fill. So if you're asking BC drop, feeva is your girl, but if you're talking about the increase in BB gauge rate, Andaria can probably serve better.
    (Hey you can use both actually as their buffs don't clash much, but CMIIW)

Eleiryn likes this.
  7. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Juno-Seto/Randolph/Zeruiah
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

8. 19jburner

19jburner Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    @Taikero
    I'll just assume that Zenia is still the best at shitting. Im happy.

9. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    She's outclassed, but I guess she can sit on the toilet and relax now.

10. Junho

Junho Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Aurelia, Ivris, Tridon, Ultor, Zedus, Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    League of Legends, Counterstrike: Global Offensive
    Oh man!! Cant wait till i get my Zedus and Andaria to lvl 100!! Half way there!

11. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I'm the kind of person who likes to do less mathematical comparison on paper and more in-game, "real application" testing. I can say for certain that Zedus UBB in Raid has a noticeable difference in awesomeness ;) Things just melt away like butter when you pop his UBB. He single handily makes Estoreit his bitch and that says something because Estoreit traditionally gave me alot of trouble in the past. I think Nemethgear's UBB has been seriously outclassed by Zedus. Unfortunately, we won't have too many mid-farming opportunities left to enjoy it.

12. Michael+

Michael+

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Tridon, Quaid, Feeva, Zelnite
    Level:
    Please do not use Zedus in RC5-10. You're right, he destroys Estreit, but Estreit isn't even that difficult. You're also pretty much ensuring that his body will die before the wings meaning that no one will get Azure Spheres. There's no point in playing the mission (other than first time completion) if you're not trying to farm the rare drops. I'm sick and tired of seeing Zedus/Griff/Reis in this mission. It's just wasting everyone else's time.

13. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    You're making some broad assumptions here buddy. Did I say anything about trolling full rooms in RC5-10 and preventing people from farming Azure spheres? Yes, there are other reasons to farm Estoreit, i.e. Light Scales (x15) for Thorn Crowns. I was doing RC5-8 with Estoreit solo, as fast as possible, to rack up 15 light scales for another PHX crown. I didn't need to kill the wing because I already have 6x Azure Spheres. I'm sick and tired of people who project their uninformed opinions on these forums and trying to convey a sense of elitist superiority on how people should be playing the game without even understanding or realizing context.

oppai likes this.
  14. Noborutakaoka

Noborutakaoka Skywalker

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avant, Zeruia, Randolph, Lucius
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    TERA online
    Yep if u don't agree with them this shit happens. Last time I suggested a team using Griff lead that easily farmed all parts of the bosses needed made for soloing I got the same treatment from users on here.

15. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    I use crit leaders all the time for solo clears. Hadaron makes doing this much easier. So long as the body part needed dies before the boss, what does it matter which units are used?

16. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I agree with both of you above. What's ironic is that I don't even disagree with what Michael was saying. It is annoying sometimes when you're trying to farm certain body parts only for oblivious randoms to blow up the main body. But what's dumb is that he simply assumed I was one of them and presumed things completely out of context. It's almost as if he's just waiting for the first possible outlet to vent his pent up frustrations, LOL. I'm sorry if you've been experiencing this, but don't project your anger onto me ;)

And fwiw, yes, it is entirely possible to have a crit sub or lead on your squad and still successfully farm the body parts you want without issue. I use Griff friend all the time when farming Doom Rings on Nalda's bottom part. I simply also use Tridon and Zenia's STBB to kill the part I need slightly faster than the main body. Hadaron and other infinukers also make this possible. What's great about BF is that there's always more than one way to skin a cat. Why put parameters around the one thing that makes a game unique and fun?

17. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    After the recent raid changes, it's MUCH more difficult to Hadarown crit resistant body parts (Balmedia tail, most of Q10) while using a crit lead. Lotta folks are getting pretty tired of having runs ruined by idiots trying to use those tactics and fail; it's not really a surprise that they don't take kindly to crit leads in those quests in groups at this point.

Nalda Delia is a terrible example, given that his lower body isn't crit immune, and no one cares what lead you use there. Really just Pro Integrity and Nightmare Anew matter for crit leads, but they are two of the most run raids for crafting so I don't think it's totally baseless resentment. I've yet to find a single fucking pubby group in weeks of playing that doesn't kill Arkem body before the thunder part, and have given up entirely on ever finding one that is actually capable of killing Estoreit wings before body. I'm not going to lambast the few people who understand what they're doing well enough to succeed in those quests while running crit leads, but you really shouldn't be surprised people assume the worst in these scenarios, considering that you are the extreme exception to the rule and 99% of the time it's a valid assumption.

(also tridon BB is AOE)

Regardless, to folks on both sides, let's try to steer clear of personal insults. I'm just explaining why I don't think it's surprising that you meet some resistance for using crit leads in those raids, but it doesn't make it cool to hash on forum members too much for doing it, nor is it ok to shoot back even harder.

RufusWilde and LeonD like this.
  18. LeonD

LeonD Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Too much stress for sphere farming. I haven't even tried to attempt any of this (I'm flooded with lots of unique character/quest spheres and don't want to blow gems for more capacity). Now I'm not even sure I want to. Take Malice Jewel for example. Takes TWO legwand and an assload of other time consuming farming crap just for the extra 5%. And I'm guessing the higher ups are worse. :(

19. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Only one Legwand required thankfully - it does take a decent bit of effort though. The good thing is that Malice farming can mostly be done in RC4 quests (Dark Wings Dark Work, either of the RC4 Mistzug quests) which have pretty crazy good droprates, so it's MUCH easier than it used to be.

Honestly though I have done that farming and am up to 4? Occults, and I use... one of them, sometimes, not even that often. Just so many good unique spheres. I don't think it's gonna be until Beiorg's Armor that farmable spheres really have a shot at catching up to the wide variety of amazing unique spheres we do, but once we get there it'll be pretty legit.

20. LeonD

LeonD Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Your right. Dunno why I thought it was two. But yeah, bigger point. I don't really use the three legwand I have, except for maybe filling in a squad 3 on gq. Am I miraculously gonna use malixe more cause the 5%? Nope. All the reward/void chunk spheres do more things I want. Even beefier then beefy stats don't concern me as long as its already enough to not die. Well...is there a super dope NOT stat sphere (for second slot) I can craft? I already have Aurelias harp, Sacred jewel, 2x Sol creator, 3x omni, tech gizmo, 2x demon crown, heresy orb, fallacy orb. Is there something I can craft I'd definitely want over that stuff?