Zedus/Andaria Review

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Eleiryn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Absolutely!

Phoenix Crowns are pretty much the premiere survivability sphere - think Fallacy Orb but with huge BC gen attached, REALLY good for trials and BC starved/drain-heavy raids. I use mine more than anything else for sure, have more or less replaced Celgrads and everything else. REALLY shines in RC5Q10, but good in any hard content.

Revelation Books are decent damage spheres, good in FG or for easier raids to maximize contribution. Attack enhancement rather than stat-up spheres now so no issue with wasting a slot. Not THAT amazing compared to say a 100% spark sphere, but they have an upcoming RC6 upgrade, Shusui's Blade, that is basically Divine Jewel+Rev Book (+100% attack, 50% spark damage, 50% weakness damage). Still attack enhancement type. Overall a very strong damage sphere that does pull ahead of most of its competition depending on the scenario. Not required for anything but good to have.

Beiorg's Armor deserves a re-mention as well; 40% allstats and Phoenix Orb abilities (basically Fallacy Orb minus the stats) on a stat sphere, REALLY strong survivability wise due to the massive HP bump and mitigation from heal when attacked, and the regen becomes VERY valuable in RC6 and some other hard content where DoTs are common and very lethal.

For now though the Phoenix Crowns are what really shines.

RainyRai, LeonD and RufusWilde like this.
  2. RufusWilde

RufusWilde Beam

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Ark.
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    DaD, FFRK, SMTIVA
    This. I'm mainly working on Phoenix Crowns while slowly forging more buffers and eventually occult.

(Loving the new pic Eleiryn!)

Eleiryn likes this.
  3. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Finally finished 10 Buffers + 5 Crowns and 5 Books myself, almost halfway through the eventual 10 Treasures. Rip my soul, man

(and thanks! I'm quite enjoying the avatar)

RufusWilde likes this.
  4. RufusWilde

RufusWilde Beam

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Ark.
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    DaD, FFRK, SMTIVA
    I'm OCD I won't make Occult until I can do all at once. Only didn't for buffers because I miss counted lol. And good luck, at least farming is quicker now that mobs aren't mandatory.

5. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Noted. Thanks for your input on this. Again, I don't actually disagree with what was originally said about crit leads at all. I've personally experienced that frustration myself. I was just a bit annoyed that while I made no mention of being one of these "pub noobs", that I was still lumped in with the bunch ;) But given that it is, in fact, true that it's hard to find lobbies where people actually know what they are doing, I can understand the potential venting. This is also why I try to run Raid with lobbies of people that I know whenever I can to avoid such headaches personally.

Eleiryn likes this.
  6. RufusWilde

RufusWilde Beam

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Ark.
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    DaD, FFRK, SMTIVA
    Zedus sphere disapoints me. But without it he doesn't have crit chance buff ughhhh why you do this Gumi? Liking Andaria's even if I don't have her.

7. Aaron_S.

Aaron_S.

Leader:
    AarSyl
    Maybe, but how much of a sphere were you looking for? He barely even needs it! And with it, he gets 40% to all stats (sphere + ES).

I'm not disappointed at all.

8. Dnk

Dnk Radiance

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Ensa-Taya, Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Is andaria's sphere required for the stats part of her extra skill?
    not sure if they changed that but I don't seem to get the bonus from extra skill if i use some other sphere

9. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Stat boosts always require spheres unless your Balgran who just has +30% to DEF.